Home button lag

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I should just schedule an appt with an apple genius. It was fine for a while after the alcohol massage but it did return. I guess it's safer for me to say that it's happened with both software releases. Just to cover all bases.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I started using the virtual assistive touch home button. It takes the stress off the physical home button that is known to be a weak spot on the iphone.

AKA

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Last night I stopped into my local Apple store because I was having home button issues. I was helped by a really nice Genius; after a 30 second explanation he was swapping the phone! No arm twisting or pleading, just an honest explanation of what I was experiencing.

Chalk another one up for Apple's superior customer service, wow'd again...

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Planning on stopping by the closest apple store (60 miles away) soon mine is getting worse and worse and it is a Verizon iPhone so it should definitely still be in the 1 year warranty. Played with my friends this morning and his button feels completely different it actually kinda clicks when you press it where mine doesn't so that leads me to think that the prongs are bent. Only complaint I have with this phone!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Took my iPhone in today and they did the alcohol trick and it fixed it until I made it home lol. They said that if I have more problems they will replace it no problem and even hinted that something should happen before the warranty ends in February so I get a replacement lol. But I'll probably make it down there next week and get a new phone. Will keep this thread updated

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Did the alcohol trick like 6 times that night and now my button works like a champ been going for a few days now without a hiccup. Maybe it really was just trash in there

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the alcohol trick works really nice. It's good to do it every now and then just to be sure that junk doesn't pile up in there. Kinda like a preventative maintenance thingy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2