iphone 4 color swap questions

gueren

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i currently have a iphone 4 in black i love the white has anyone had experience with changing the color of the phone through a site like zeetron does the phone still work just as good does it cause any problems?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There are many sites besides the one you mentioned here. YouTube is full of tutorials on this if you are interested in doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It would probably be cheaper to sell the black iPhone 4, and buy a white one. I just picked up a white iPhone 4 for a friend for $275. I sold her old black one for $300. She actually made $25 to change to a white iPhone. You just have to keep your eyes open for a good deal.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No it don't cause prob I have done a couple as well as screen repairs
Easiest way do it your self it's really not hard just kind of tedious
There is about 27 screws .. Just map them out when you take it apart .. Use the video at zeetron site ..
The LCD screws and washers are the most pain make sure your careful with the digitizer cable and that it gos all the way threw just don't rush and take your time .. You can get parts anywhere you want just I always get the ones that have been tested first .. Just cuz u don't want to put it all back together to find the digitizer has a dead spot or LCD has a dead pixel .. And you can make it whatever color your want :)

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Johnfnlee

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've replaced the screen on my iPhone 4, and although it was tedious keeping up with what seemed like 200+ almost impossible to see screws, it wasn't a difficult task. I dropped a handful of screws on the carpet (fml) but luckily I dragged my iPad 2 cover across the floor and the magnets picked them up for me.

chickhien

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I replaced a cracked screen on my iphone 4 recently. The only problem I had was dealing with the proximity sensor. I have the black 4 so I bought a black replacement screen off of ebay and the seller claimed it was OEM. After I installed it (I used directfix.com's website as a tutorial) everything worked fine and I left the seller positive feedback. Last night I was on the phone and trying to cook at the same time so this was when I discovered my proximity sensor was screwed up. I youtubed and googled like mad trying to find out what was wrong and it turns out my screen was not OEM and I had to take apart my phone 3 times to test an electric tape trick.

I imagine if you do a color swap and don't use OEM parts, you may run into the same problem as well.

I took a picture but tipb won't let me post an image or link because I'm considered a newb, although Ive been lurking for a while.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I replaced a cracked screen on my iphone 4 recently. The only problem I had was dealing with the proximity sensor. I have the black 4 so I bought a black replacement screen off of ebay and the seller claimed it was OEM. After I installed it (I used directfix.com's website as a tutorial) everything worked fine and I left the seller positive feedback. Last night I was on the phone and trying to cook at the same time so this was when I discovered my proximity sensor was screwed up. I youtubed and googled like mad trying to find out what was wrong and it turns out my screen was not OEM and I had to take apart my phone 3 times to test an electric tape trick.

I imagine if you do a color swap and don't use OEM parts, you may run into the same problem as well.

I took a picture but tipb won't let me post an image or link because I'm considered a newb, although Ive been lurking for a while.

Ya you might get parts that don't work 100 the way they should ...

FYI there is no such thing as OEM apple don't sell there parts so anything you buy will be after market but there is some good parts out there that can save you a ton of money

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2