zulu9er

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I hope I can get some information from those that are up on this phone (iPhone 4). My first question,, when I use my home wifi and I am connected to my iPhone,,, am I being charged by my carrier (Rogers) for data downloads?

Second question,, in the space of 24 hrs, my phone downloaded 8.9 gig of data without me knowing it, I got a text from my carrier,, Rogers stating that I had gone over my data limit of 500meg. When I talked to their IT department,, the guy told me to shut off my phone right away, as my phone was downloading out of control, and that he had never seen anything like it before. I have shut off my data, my 3G, my bluetooth, and anything to do with data,,, the phone is now just basically a phone,,, text and talk only until I get this resolved. They say that they cannot tell me what I have downloaded until my next billing date which is today, November 3,,, I am also pretty pissed, and am not going to pay for this,,, sure,, I do use data,, sometimes over the 500Meg,, but have never gone more than 200-400 meg over my limit. But this IT guy telling me my phone is OUT OF CONTROL has got me spooked. I purchased the iPhone4 in April of this year, so hopefully there is some kind of warranty. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada,,, any help would be appreciated,,, thanks

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
If your connected to wifi all the data features of the phone are going though the wifi.

As for your crazy download check all your app settings? 8gbs is a ****load of data even for an iPhone
Do you use gps? Get alot of emails that update constantly? Use Netflix on the go? Just some ideas...

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone4 using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
yes, when you are on WIFI, that doesn't get billed to you carrier, that goes off of you internet connection.

8GB's is a ton of data, and sounds like there is something wrong. I'm on unlimited, and stream, and do youtube, and basically anything I can think of, becuase I don't have to worry about data, and I have never gone over 3GB in one month. There is Def either a problem with your phone, or it could be a mix up on Rogers end (It wouldn't be the first time a mobile phone carrier made a mistake). Apple does have a 1 year warranty on their phones, you may want to make an appt at the genius bar, and see if there is anything they can help you with. They may run some diagnostics on the phone, and see if there is something wrong with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice