How many times will your phone ring before the call is transferred to voice mail? Mine takes 6 rings which to me is to long, most callers won't wait that long.
    11-02-2011 08:33 PM
    How many times will your phone ring before the call is transferred to voice mail? Mine takes 6 rings which to me is to long, most callers won't wait that long.
    That's how many mine rings too. I wish it never went to v/m. I hate listening to them and returning calls.
    11-02-2011 09:29 PM
    I just called my cell from my landline and the landline rang 4 times before it went to VM. I don't know why verizon works different for me than for you. There doesn't seem to be any setting on the phone for it.
    11-02-2011 09:58 PM
    You can contact vzw and let them know how many rings you want before vm picks up. Mine is nine.
    11-02-2011 10:36 PM
    Hello,

The number of times your phone rings before going to voice mail does not change depending on the device. ringtime is calculated in the system and is 30 seconds. Since each ring takes approximately 5 seconds, that comes out to 6 rings. This is something that is the default for all customers. In addition, even if the ringtime is manually changed in the system, it will default back to 6 rings (or 30 seconds) when the system updates itself.

I did want to mention that sometimes, if in a poor signal area, the rings may be 4, or 5. In lower signal areas, it can take longer for the system to locate the phone when a call comes in. Thus, you may see a lower number of rings in that scenario.

I hope this helps with your question, have a good day!

^CB
    VZW Support
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
    11-05-2011 12:54 PM
    you can also hit the lock button twice and it will send the call to vm as well
    11-06-2011 07:44 AM
    Mine is 4.
    Anyone ever notice how phones ring like 20 times on TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD