I have started having problems with my iphone 4 syncing with itunes. About 45% of the times i connect my device to itunes it says "This computer is already synced with an ios device do you want to set up device as new rot restore from a back up"

Yesterday this happened 3 times and again today.

Is it worth taking my phone to an apple store?

If so what is likely to be done? ( I dont fancy sending it off for repair cos i need a phone for buisiness).

I have the latest version of itunes for windows and the latest software on my idevice.

Thank you all.
    11-01-2011 12:06 PM
    I have started having problems with my iphone 4 syncing with itunes. About 45% of the times i connect my device to itunes it says "This computer is already synced with an ios device do you want to set up device as new rot restore from a back up"

Yesterday this happened 3 times and again today.

Is it worth taking my phone to an apple store?

If so what is likely to be done? ( I dont fancy sending it off for repair cos i need a phone for buisiness).

I have the latest version of itunes for windows and the latest software on my idevice.

Thank you all.
    Are you syncing with a cord or wifi?
    11-01-2011 12:58 PM
    The same issue unfortunately occurs either way i try syncing. At the moment i have disabled wifi sync to see if that was any better but still the problem persists. The phone its self always works fine just itunes keeps wanting to restore it or set up as new. I have reinstalled both the os on my computer and itunes this also didnt rectify the problem. I spoke to my network opperator and they said they could take my phone and send it for possible repair but advised me to go to an apple store to see what they suggest. They did say with an apple product this shouldnt be happening. And also advised me that he does not have this issue.
    11-01-2011 01:12 PM
    The same issue unfortunately occurs either way i try syncing. At the moment i have disabled wifi sync to see if that was any better but still the problem persists. The phone its self always works fine just itunes keeps wanting to restore it or set up as new. I have reinstalled both the os on my computer and itunes this also didnt rectify the problem. I spoke to my network opperator and they said they could take my phone and send it for possible repair but advised me to go to an apple store to see what they suggest. They did say with an apple product this shouldnt be happening. And also advised me that he does not have this issue.
    Ok let me rephrase my question. Did this first happen while you tried syncing with wifi or a cord?
    11-01-2011 01:20 PM
    The problem started not long after the upgrade to ios5 so not sure if this is the issue a wired sync was the first time it happened but i now get the same messages during wifi sync. When the problem occurs my device is no longer recognized as mikes iphone and says just iphone.
    11-01-2011 01:32 PM
    The problem started not long after the upgrade to ios5 so not sure if this is the issue a wired sync was the first time it happened but i now get the same messages during wifi sync. When the problem occurs my device is no longer recognized as mikes iphone and says just iphone.
    Ok. I bet it started with wifi sync. It's a known problem. Happened to me and others. I restored my backup back on and kept wifi sync disabled. Remember, these are big changes Apple did to this OS and iTunes. Not all bugs are worked out yet.
    11-01-2011 01:35 PM
    I still get the issue even with the wifi sync dissabled it caused me to loose all my photos from my daughters 3rd birthday party which it what annoyed me most.

Would you say it is worth me going to my nearest apple store which id approx 45 mins drive away to see if they can do anything. I dont really know how helpfull they are in an apple store as i have never needed to deal with them before.
    11-01-2011 01:44 PM
    I still get the issue even with the wifi sync dissabled it caused me to loose all my photos from my daughters 3rd birthday party which it what annoyed me most.

Would you say it is worth me going to my nearest apple store which id approx 45 mins drive away to see if they can do anything. I dont really know how helpfull they are in an apple store as i have never needed to deal with them before.
    If you restore your backup and use the cord only and it still happens, then yes I would go to Apple.
    11-01-2011 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD