wifi vs 3g/4g

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all...

I had a general question. I'm seriously considering the jump from android to iPhone and was wondering (not that this is a determining factor) does the iPhone (3g, 3gS, 4, 4S) have a setting where it can be on wifi and network at the same time? For example, can I have wifi turned on in my house and have the phone either temporarily bump it off wifi to perform a 3g/4g task? Does that make sense? Or once wifi is on, does it completely take over?

I know with my current android p.o.s. if its on wifi I can't send and receive MMS, but once I turn it off and use the network it sends and receives just fine. I remember my BB being able to have wifi on and network coverage and was wondering if iPhone is the same. Hope this make sense. Thanks

hondateg91

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
That's seem more of an issue with just your phone and every phone I've owned which is more than I can count on my hands/toes has been able to do that. Yes the iPhone shouldn't have a problem doing what you're asking.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree with hondateg91, i have had many devices and they have all been tied to WiFi and still been able to send or recieve MMS.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn off wifi just to send or receive a picture message?

It's things like that, that when I hear them, I am glad to have an iPhone =}

hondateg91

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn off wifi just to send or receive a picture message?

It's things like that, that when I hear them, I am glad to have an iPhone =}

Every phone whether it be iPhone, Android, or BB can send sms/mms when wifi is on with the cellular radio still on. At least thats my experience with phone I've had no matter what OS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods