I try to reply from my phone. primary server is aol. but to no avail and no matter what i do mail keeps getting rejected saying the server does not allow relaying... i have searched alot today to find out why. can anyone help me figure this out
    10-30-2011 02:18 PM
    Check your mail settings and see does it get the error while on wifi or 3G ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 03:02 PM
    I try to reply from my phone. primary server is aol. but to no avail and no matter what i do mail keeps getting rejected saying the server does not allow relaying... i have searched alot today to find out why. can anyone help me figure this out
    fairly simple issue.

You are using AOL servers but for smtp you are using a different server. Go through settings and change accordingly to get it going.
    10-30-2011 03:28 PM
    Thanks guys. Don't know what I did. But sent a couple of test messages out and they went through
    10-30-2011 05:02 PM
    Thanks guys. Don't know what I did. But sent a couple of test messages out and they went through
    Probably either on a different wifi or you were on wifi before and now on 3g. Either way the problem will happen again if the mail server (smtp) settings are incorrect.
    10-31-2011 02:00 AM
    well i checked the settings in the phone compared to what aol says it should be, and of course my settings were wrong, so i changed them in the phone ... hope this fixes it
    10-31-2011 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD