Antennagate

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's no longer an issue. It was partially the phone design and partially AT&T's crap network. I had the iPhone 4 since launch on Bell and NEVER had any issues (didn't use a case).

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's AT&Ts crap network. I mean, it's not the networks fault that you can touch a part of the phone and it loses signal strength. And for everyone certain networks are crap. I have full service with AT&T where I live but Verizon and sprint can't even receive a text message. They must have crap networks then. And I'm sure that somewhere bell is a crap network. AT&T has been nothing but reliable for me. More reliable then Verizon and sprint. I have dropped maybe 3 calls in the 2 years that I have had AT&T. I use to drop calls on Verizon when I had 3 bars. Sprint I had to climb on my roof to use the phone. Anyways, idk how you can say that atts network has anything to do with antennagate. I'm a huge apple fan, but that's a hardware flaw they messed up on.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
But the problem is solved in the 4s and even the verizon iPhone 4. I'm sure the new AT&T iPhone 4 is fixed as well. I get much better reception with my iPhone 4s then I did with my 4

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I never have any problems with the Verizon iPhone 4. I know some people got bumpers to try to fix any issues they were having with the antenna.

josh44#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon iPhone 4 and do have issues. I will be loading as web page holding it with the death grip and it won't be doing anything. Then I take it off and boom! It's like magic. It comes right up. Crazy.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It was the phone, but it also was AT&T network. By that I mean the weaker areas. If the signal strength was good enough, it wouldn't have been an issue. The "death grip" may have dropped a bar or 2, but it doesn't really matter on digital. The signal strength bars are actually meaningless on digital. You either get signal or you don't. It was only the old analog networks where signal strength affected call quality. It doesn't to some degree on digital, but only with a very weak signal where you get signal loss. 5 bars or 2 bars shouldn't be a noticeable difference in digital. I had an iPhone 4 (not on AT&T) from the beginning and could only ever drop maybe 1 bar with the "death grip".

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I would just go to the Apple store and switch it out. It's been out for less than a year on Verizon, so the store will just give you another one.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried the death grip things many times on my iPhone 4 and I never got any signal loss or voice quality issues, even at my family's house where I get one bar of signal. But, I've pretty much always had a case on mine except for one I tried that death grip thing haha.

enots27

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I suffered the antennagate problem with my iphone 4. I would be writing a txt and by the time i hit send my device would be searching for signal. My network has a strong reception in my area. I purchased a bumper from ebay and the problem is no more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2