device ineligible??

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my son an iphone 4 last night and have an issue that i hope someone can help me with. When we were setting it up, he was trying to create a new apple id. When he entered his information and tried to create the id it gave us an error message that said, "this device is no longer eligible for creating an apple id" I am hoping someone here knows how to fix this or help me.

thank you.

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my son an iphone 4 last night and have an issue that i hope someone can help me with. When we were setting it up, he was trying to create a new apple id. When he entered his information and tried to create the id it gave us an error message that said, "this device is no longer eligible for creating an apple id" I am hoping someone here knows how to fix this or help me.

thank you.

You bought this used?

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Email Apple or go to an Apple store. The phone may have been flagged as stolen.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
like c.hack and peligro said apple store and make the id on the computer. check with the carrier to make sure the phone is not flagged as lost/stolen

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The device is not lost/stolen. It has only been used by my friend and myself. I will try the apple store to create the id. Once I do that , how do I get the id linked to the phone itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't know if it was reported lost or stolen, no one said you stole it or found it. It's quite possible that the carrier is blocking the phone from being used. Best bet is to schedule a genius appointment at an apple store, and have them look at it.

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should be a little more specific. My son is actually using the phone now. It is a Verizon iphone 4 and activated just fine. I got my apple id to go on to the phone. When I tried to create a new id for him is when I got the error message. Sorry. That's why I am pretty sure it's not stolen or lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings store and log out of your ID then sign in with the new ID

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
ok. Thank you all for your help. I got the new id onto his phone. I had to create the id on the computer and then changed the id on the phone. Still wonder why I could not create the id on the iphone itself but as long as it works, we are good.

Reactions: PartisanCesara

PartisanCesara

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thankyou!

I spent so long downloading programmes to change serial numbers at the recommendation of pretty much every site i found. On my final stab at googling a simpler answer I stumbled across this thread.... thankyou so much. Really. I set one up on the apple website and just signed in on the iphone. Why this glitch exists is beyond my understanding of complicated equipment, but you have all saved me a lot more grief. Thankyou, dmartin1972, for asking the question and to all who threw in their pen'orth :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is just how Apple has set things up: you can only create three Apple IDs on the device itself (even if it has been restored)--anything more than that needs to be done on a computer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner