Heres a very simple way to do it.

-Purchase IP4s by adding a second line to your account.

-When you receive the Iphone 4s, CALL verizon, tell them you'd like to transfer your Iphone 4s to the line that your Iphone 4 is on, They will do this.

-Next, call verizon back, possibly a day or two after, and cancel the second line that your Iphone 4 is now on. With that being done, you can now sell the phone and use the $300 to pay the ETF. And hopefully with verizon you'll have had $70 cut off the EFT.

Does that make sense? I've done it on Verizon, and actually just did it on sprint, but decided to keep the second line. It works, and is really not a huge hassle if you have the ability to pay the ETF then sell the phone.

Good luck, hope that helps.

That might work except Verizon might turn around and not only charge you the ETF but also the difference in price of the iPhone 4s since you did not return it upon cancellation
    10-27-2011 09:42 AM
    Best route just go add a line upgrade your plan to a family share swap the 4s to your current number and put the iPhone 4 on the new number ... Go home get a basic phone go online do a esn change on the new number to get the iPhone 4 off and basic phone on ... The basic phone will cost u 10 bucks a month and you will keep your number you will not have a termination fee and best of all in the future you have 2 upgrades to use

10 bucks a month equals 120
    iPhone 4s 250 after tax

Sell iPhone 4 300

Out of pocket expense over a year 70 bucks

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-27-2011 10:25 AM
    This is gonna sound stupid, but I went to the Apple store last night and after playing with the iPhone 4S for some time, I decided to skip it altogether. WTF was I thinking?!

reason: SAME SHIT!
    10-27-2011 11:28 AM
    This is gonna sound stupid, but I went to the Apple store last night and after playing with the iPhone 4S for some time, I decided to skip it altogether. WTF was I thinking?!

Haha made me actually laugh just cause all the math etc that was put In ... It's a case by case it looks the same but the internals are upgraded stuff you don't see

A5 chip
    Antennas dual
    World phone
    1080 hd Vs 720
    AirPlay mirroring
    Siri
    8mp camera vs 5mp

So although it may look the same act the same they are def different

10-27-2011 11:55 AM

Kinda sounds like you just decided to back out.
    10-27-2011 03:39 PM
    If you consider the iPhone 4S as iPhone 4 doesn't exist, then, yes, it's a powerful mobile device
    that offers a number of great services.
    10-27-2011 04:25 PM
    Haha made me actually laugh just cause all the math etc that was put In ... It's a case by case it looks the same but the internals are upgraded stuff you don't see

A5 chip
    Antennas dual
    World phone
    1080 hd Vs 720
    AirPlay mirroring
    Siri
    8mp camera vs 5mp

So although it may look the same act the same they are def different

While the 4s is awesome, those specs aren't nearly enough to sway an iPhone 4 to 4s upgrade.
    10-28-2011 06:40 PM
    While the 4s is awesome, those specs aren't nearly enough to sway an iPhone 4 to 4s upgrade.
    Thank you for your commentary relevant to the topic of the post. You are a valued member of a close-knit internet community.

Anyways, with all this ETF math and stuff, one thing that should be considered is, unless with Verizon you already had a $400 deposit when you started your first line, your deposit will most likely go up (to either $125 or $400). Sure, if you pay your bill on time every month, you get that back after 12-16 months, but that's still an aspect of the immediate cost that no one seems to be considering.

If keeping the same phone # is important to you, your better bets are switching service altogether, trading upgrades with someone who is eligible but doesn't feel like spending the money, or starting up the secondary line (canceling it would be advised against because the new line will be $350 ETF, and since you seem to have an affinity to having the newest phones out, you'll end up getting 2 separate upgrade dates in the future to maintain your newest devices down the line.

Good luck!
    10-29-2011 06:18 PM
    I'm on Verizon as well. If I add another line to get the 4s, switch the 4s to my iPhone 4 line with an esn swap, and then put a feature phone on the line that I added to get the 4s, could i then drop the data plan and only pay an additional $10 a month rather than $50? The wife and I are thinking about getting a phone for her parents and we have an old feature phone we could give them. This could work out perfect for me to get an upgrade.
    10-31-2011 12:05 AM
    I'm on Verizon as well. If I add another line to get the 4s, switch the 4s to my iPhone 4 line with an esn swap, and then put a feature phone on the line that I added to get the 4s, could i then drop the data plan and only pay an additional $10 a month rather than $50? The wife and I are thinking about getting a phone for her parents and we have an old feature phone we could give them. This could work out perfect for me to get an upgrade.
    Yes that will work you will just get prorated for the data say you drop the data on the new line the next day you will pay one days worth of data .. Just remember the etf on that new line reguardless if u put a feature phone will. Be a smart phone termination

10-31-2011 12:11 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD