Has anyone here switched from android to iOS? I have a DROID bionic right now and I've been with android for the past 2 years. I know some1 that wants to trade my bionic for an iphone4 32gig on Verizon. Is the trade worth it? Im also looking for anyone that switched so I can get opinions from both experiences. I appreciate your time and helping me decide what to do. Yeah I do have 4g but its really no big deal. 3g is fast enough for mobile.

Sent via r3blurr3d bionic
    Last edited by Inkdaddy66; 10-26-2011 at 01:48 AM.
    10-26-2011 01:34 AM
    Has anyone here switched from android to iOS? I have a DROID bionic right now and I've been with android for the past 2 years. I know some1 that wants to trade my bionic for an iphone4 32gig on Verizon. Is the trade worth it? Im also looking for anyone that switched so I can get opinions from both experiences. I appreciate your time and helping me decide what to do. Yeah I do have 4g but its really no big deal. 3g is fast enough for mobile.

A straight trade? I think the Bionic is worth more than the iPhone 4, if you decide to go through with it, I'd have the other person add cash to the trade.
    10-26-2011 02:39 AM
    A straight trade? I think the Bionic is worth more than the iPhone 4, if you decide to go through with it, I'd have the other person add cash to the trade.
    Ok. What's your opinion about how much cash to ask for? The guy that wants to trade is making it seem like the iphone is worth more in dollar amount than the bionic. Providing that im going back from a dual core to a single processor.

10-26-2011 03:06 AM
    Take the straight trade. Next year you'll still be able to update the iPhone 4 to iOS 6, and you won't even be able to update the Bionic next month.
    10-26-2011 06:31 AM
    I went from an Evo 4g, to a Motorola photon, which is pretty comparable to the bionic. They both broke within a month of having them, finally I just picked up an iPhone. It's a great move. Android is awesome but iPhone is awesome too, very simple.
    10-26-2011 10:31 AM
    I think you need to use the phone first and make sure its what you want. I carry an iPhone 4 for work and my personal phone is an EVO 3D, that was unitll last Friday when i switched to a Samsung Epic Touch.
    Both devices / operating systems have their pluses and minuses. It will really depend on what YOU want and what YOU will do with it. Hardware wise the iPhone seems solid. But being in the repair industry i see a few of them come in with issues. All devices are like that though, most are good but there are few that fail shortly after coming off the assembly line.
    I would find someone with a working Verizon iPhone and play with it for a bit before making a decision.
    10-26-2011 10:37 AM
    I just switched back to an iPhone because the OS is better suited for me and you don't have to wait forever for an update. I loved android don't get me wrong I still miss the larger screens but you really should try out an iPhone before you switch to see if it better fits your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wildo6882 and sicario666 like this.
    10-26-2011 12:03 PM
    Ok. What's your opinion about how much cash to ask for? The guy that wants to trade is making it seem like the iphone is worth more in dollar amount than the bionic. Providing that im going back from a dual core to a single processor.

Depends on condition and if the phones come with any accessories and such.

Locally, if I look on craigslist, I can find a Verizon iPhone 4 32GB with a clean ESN for $300. Meanwhile, the Droid Bionic on craigslist seems to be anywhere between $350 and $450.
    10-26-2011 12:13 PM
    I found a guy that wants to trade + $75. Locally on craigslist. So how does the activation work? Contact transfer? Everything is stored under my gmail account. I have an ipad2 and an ipod touch. I love iOS and have always wanted to try an iphone. Plus they seem to have far less problems and hold their value longer. It seems as soon as I buy an android device. Theres a new announcement the next week. Never fails.

10-26-2011 12:32 PM
    Take it to Verizon, or best buy and have them transfer it. I loved having everything throughy gmail account before I switched. Now it's all done through iTunes and such.
    10-26-2011 01:55 PM
    Ok that's simple enough. The guy wants to meet me at a Verizon anyways.

10-26-2011 02:02 PM
    Awesome, good luck! Let us know how you like the iPhone compared to the bionic.
    10-26-2011 02:34 PM
    I sure will. Im excited. Smaller screen but better resolution. I have an appointment today at the apple store for another iphone that a cousin gave me. I can't restore it no matter what I do. Now I can't get it into dfu. Ha ha. Hopefully they help me out.

10-26-2011 02:40 PM
    Did your cousin give you a 4? If it is, you should wait till you see if it can be fixed, then if it can't, pick up the other 4.
    10-26-2011 03:58 PM
    No I wish it was a 4. Its a 3g. On AT&T as well. She had 3 of em so she gave me one. Im not sure what they're gonna do at the apple store since all I can get it to do is get to the apple logo. Some say they'll replace it. Who knows. Its only a 16gb. I was gonna use it as an ipod if they can get it working. My appt is in about an hour or so.

10-26-2011 04:02 PM
    Nice. I had an iPod touch with a little bit of dust under the screen, they handed me a brand new one right when I walked in. Mostly just because the guy that I bought it off of was also named Nick and he held the warranty. Haha.
    10-26-2011 04:10 PM
    Ha ha. Lucky guy. I guess i'll go in asking for someone named Carlo or that has tattoos. Lol.
    I hear apple has stellar customer service too.

10-26-2011 04:12 PM
    Got it restored. Now how can I use it as an ipod? Its asking for a sim card

10-26-2011 06:20 PM
    now ive got the iphone4 and cant restore this... what am i doing wrong here? i deleted my antivirus to see if that was the problem. now i get a different error code
    10-27-2011 01:46 AM
    What's the error?
    10-27-2011 02:09 AM
    What's the error?
    error 3159. i looked into TU and pointed servers away from cydia. cuz this phone was jailbroken. i think it was an untethered JB. the phone wont boot back up. i cant find a redsnow download anywhere to try and boot it up. Peligro911 has been helping me. ive deleted my antivirus and turned off all of windows firewalls. the guy that i got the phone from mentioned that it wouldnt boot because it wasnt able to find springboard. does that help? i really appreciate all of your help. i do need a working phone by tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Inkdaddy66; 10-27-2011 at 02:16 AM.
    10-27-2011 02:12 AM
    I Think iOS5 is better Android 4.0.
    10-27-2011 02:24 AM
    I Think iOS5 is better Android 4.0.
    well ill be soon to find out...looks like peligro911s advice is kickin in and im now restoring. i had to directly hook up to the modem and bypass the router. thanks again peligro. DANGER DANGER!!! now i can enjoy the newest apple of my eye. you guys are all awesome. excellent community
    10-27-2011 02:33 AM
    well ill be soon to find out...looks like peligro911s advice is kickin in and im now restoring. i had to directly hook up to the modem and bypass the router. thanks again peligro. DANGER DANGER!!! now i can enjoy the newest apple of my eye. you guys are all awesome. excellent community
    Glad you two were able to figure it out. Enjoy your iPhone!
    10-27-2011 02:38 AM
    Yeah! Enjoy it man!
    10-27-2011 09:24 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD