Android to iOS...

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone here switched from android to iOS? I have a DROID bionic right now and I've been with android for the past 2 years. I know some1 that wants to trade my bionic for an iphone4 32gig on Verizon. Is the trade worth it? Im also looking for anyone that switched so I can get opinions from both experiences. I appreciate your time and helping me decide what to do. Yeah I do have 4g but its really no big deal. 3g is fast enough for mobile.

Sent via r3blurr3d bionic

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here switched from android to iOS? I have a DROID bionic right now and I've been with android for the past 2 years. I know some1 that wants to trade my bionic for an iphone4 32gig on Verizon. Is the trade worth it? Im also looking for anyone that switched so I can get opinions from both experiences. I appreciate your time and helping me decide what to do. Yeah I do have 4g but its really no big deal. 3g is fast enough for mobile.

A straight trade? I think the Bionic is worth more than the iPhone 4, if you decide to go through with it, I'd have the other person add cash to the trade.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
A straight trade? I think the Bionic is worth more than the iPhone 4, if you decide to go through with it, I'd have the other person add cash to the trade.

Ok. What's your opinion about how much cash to ask for? The guy that wants to trade is making it seem like the iphone is worth more in dollar amount than the bionic. Providing that im going back from a dual core to a single processor.

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went from an Evo 4g, to a Motorola photon, which is pretty comparable to the bionic. They both broke within a month of having them, finally I just picked up an iPhone. It's a great move. Android is awesome but iPhone is awesome too, very simple.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think you need to use the phone first and make sure its what you want. I carry an iPhone 4 for work and my personal phone is an EVO 3D, that was unitll last Friday when i switched to a Samsung Epic Touch.
Both devices / operating systems have their pluses and minuses. It will really depend on what YOU want and what YOU will do with it. Hardware wise the iPhone seems solid. But being in the repair industry i see a few of them come in with issues. All devices are like that though, most are good but there are few that fail shortly after coming off the assembly line.
I would find someone with a working Verizon iPhone and play with it for a bit before making a decision.

WV-ANDROID

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I just switched back to an iPhone because the OS is better suited for me and you don't have to wait forever for an update. I loved android don't get me wrong I still miss the larger screens but you really should try out an iPhone before you switch to see if it better fits your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sicario666

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok. What's your opinion about how much cash to ask for? The guy that wants to trade is making it seem like the iphone is worth more in dollar amount than the bionic. Providing that im going back from a dual core to a single processor.

Depends on condition and if the phones come with any accessories and such.

Locally, if I look on craigslist, I can find a Verizon iPhone 4 32GB with a clean ESN for $300. Meanwhile, the Droid Bionic on craigslist seems to be anywhere between $350 and $450.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I found a guy that wants to trade + $75. Locally on craigslist. So how does the activation work? Contact transfer? Everything is stored under my gmail account. I have an ipad2 and an ipod touch. I love iOS and have always wanted to try an iphone. Plus they seem to have far less problems and hold their value longer. It seems as soon as I buy an android device. Theres a new announcement the next week. Never fails.

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Take it to Verizon, or best buy and have them transfer it. I loved having everything throughy gmail account before I switched. Now it's all done through iTunes and such.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I sure will. Im excited. Smaller screen but better resolution. I have an appointment today at the apple store for another iphone that a cousin gave me. I can't restore it no matter what I do. Now I can't get it into dfu. Ha ha. Hopefully they help me out.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
No I wish it was a 4. Its a 3g. On AT&T as well. She had 3 of em so she gave me one. Im not sure what they're gonna do at the apple store since all I can get it to do is get to the apple logo. Some say they'll replace it. Who knows. Its only a 16gb. I was gonna use it as an ipod if they can get it working. My appt is in about an hour or so.

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I had an iPod touch with a little bit of dust under the screen, they handed me a brand new one right when I walked in. Mostly just because the guy that I bought it off of was also named Nick and he held the warranty. Haha.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha. Lucky guy. I guess i'll go in asking for someone named Carlo or that has tattoos. Lol.
I hear apple has stellar customer service too.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
now ive got the iphone4 and cant restore this... what am i doing wrong here? i deleted my antivirus to see if that was the problem. now i get a different error code

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711