Is the iPhone 4 worth getting now?

e36andy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I bought mine off contract right before the 4s came out because I knew if I was to extend my contract, I wouldn't be allowed to get the 5 (which is most probably going to be 4g LTE and being on verizon I need the LTE to talk and surf) so i just bought the 4 to hold me off...

I sold my Incredible 2 and got a refurbished iphone 4 with a box and everything off craigslist for 400 so i basically payed 150 for it.

And when the iphone 5 comes out with a full makeover/4g LTE im going to swoop in on that REAL quick.

So if you can get a 4 to hold you off for a while I say do that. Cause I was going CRAZYYY with my blackberry and when I switched to the droid it just had nonstop glitches and kept freezing.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
How are you planning on getting it? Through the carrier where they only have 8gb? If so, will you need more space for music, media and apps?

I bought the 4S, 64gb, but will probably never use 16gb of it. I'm wondering if I'll ever use 8gb of it.

I don't game on my smartphones. Don't watch movies. Only use it for quick tweeting, tapatalk for forum surfing, banking, checkings sports scores and sms. I may eventually take more pics/vids when/if I remember to. So for me, the 4 would probably be good, but I like having the latest and greatest, especially for re-sell value.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Love my 4 and if you're looking for it off-contract let me know because I'm looking to upgrade and can sell you mine for a decent price.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The 4 is an amazing phone...but if the price difference between the 2 is less than $100, i would unquestionably get the 4S.

Exactly! It made no sense to me to get the older one, just to save a few $$.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to get it because it was cheaper than the 4s,So is it worth it?
Worth is always highly subjective, regardless of topic. If you want people to tell you if it's worth it to you or not then you need to provide your needs/wants/etc. It does no good for you to poll others on whether they think it's worth it or not unless the people responding happen to have needs/wants that are exactly in line with your own. FWIW, I don't consider it to be worth it as I don't buy older generations of tech as phones get outdated very quickly if you're into having newer, shiny tech like I tend to be.

Is price your only concern?

Last edited:

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't consider upfront price. Consider what you would pay annually. It would be the same for either phone so get the newest if you're going to get a contract.

I completely agree. For $100 more you get double the storage, faster processor, better camera, & Siri. To put in perspective, the next model up is another $100 but you only gain doubling the memory. Going from the 4 to the 4S is the most bang for your buck especially since your monthly bill is the same with either phone.

Just my opinion but I'd buy the 4S

Another thing you may consider is trying to pick up a used 16gb iPhone 4, that will probably a little more than $200 but it would be off contract then you can decide later if you really want the 4S or wait for the next one.

Last edited:

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, when you sell your old phone in a year or two, the 4s will have better trade-in value. It makes little sense to get a plain 4.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to wait and get the 4s next month. The only thing I want to use my 4s for is music,a few good apps,like a navigation app,angry birds,etc. Also take good video which is the reason why I'm going to wait for it.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 to the 4s isn't a big enough jump for me. I'll wait for the 5!

Very true. Siri is a nice option but I'm sure it'll be ported over soon. I came to the 4 from a droid bionic and I'm not looking back. So I've had a dual core device. A little faster. But come on. Its still a phone. The 4 is an awesome device.

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you already have the 4 I would just keep it, not enough to jump to 4s. I would wait for iPhone 5. Now going from BB or a 3G/3GS it would be worth it. YMMV

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711