Is there a way that when I do delete from my phone it actually deletes from the server and then saves my laptop having to download them all again, or is this just a safe guard by apple should you delete something by mistake on the phone? I think we should be given the option to delete, or delete from server.
    10-21-2011 12:27 AM
    Is there a way that when I do delete from my phone it actually deletes from the server and then saves my laptop having to download them all again, or is this just a safe guard by apple should you delete something by mistake on the phone? I think we should be given the option to delete, or delete from server.
    I think it depends on your e-mail protocol. If you're using IMAP, it should delete it from the server (or actually send it to the trash) but if you're using POP3, it only deletes it locally (on the device).
    10-21-2011 01:43 AM
    If you have Google or Yahoo you can turn that option on or off in the email settings. I think Redchirp is correct about the Pop accounts.
    10-22-2011 12:29 AM
    It definitely depends on your email account and how you're connecting to it (protocol, as mentioned above). POP accounts do not sync so if your account is POP the answer is no. We'd need more information to truly help you. I general, any time you're asking email-related questions like this be sure to include such information to help those attempting to help you.
    10-23-2011 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD