and the "find my iphone" doesnt work

any one have suggestions on what I can do in the future?
    10-19-2011 08:54 AM
    not trying to be a jackass, but after 2 times. I dont think find my iphone will help your cause.
    10-19-2011 08:56 AM
    Keep the next one in your pocket.... Stolen four times?
    10-19-2011 09:02 AM
    Yikes!!!! Where side of town do live on? I'm sorry for all your very pricey losses. I would search for a tethering case to keep the device on hand.
    10-19-2011 09:10 AM
    Honestly...just out of pure curiosity, i really want to know how your phone has been stolen 4 times...like what was the circumstance? Where were you? Not trying to be funny here (well, not entirely funny), but damn man...4 times in an 8 month period is a bit absurd.
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    10-19-2011 10:00 AM
    I have an app called I got ya, but I believe its only for jailbroken phones.
    10-19-2011 11:10 AM
    Honestly...just out of pure curiosity, i really want to know how your phone has been stolen 4 times...like what was the circumstance? Where were you? Not trying to be funny here (well, not entirely funny), but damn man...4 times in an 8 month period is a bit absurd.
    I thought this was funny *cuervo shrug*
    10-19-2011 11:10 AM
    Not to be rude but maybe you shouldn't have a high end smartphone if you aren't responsible enough to keep it from getting stolen. Maybe try a basic phone first and see if you can handle that?
    10-19-2011 12:09 PM
    is this serious I mean 4 times really????
    10-19-2011 01:15 PM
    buy an android phone. nobody wants those
    10-19-2011 01:17 PM
    Blink that made me giggle, okay laugh! ...

Oh and sorry for your loss times 4! I couldn't afford to keep replacing my iPhone every 1-2 months..maybe an iPhone isn't a good choice for you, since you tend to most likely leave your iPhone laying around and/or need some new friends..unless you CAN afford to buy a new iPhone every 1-2 months...Find my iPhone is not going to magically recover your iPhone in fact it can be easily worked around...
    10-19-2011 01:28 PM
    So...you loose your iphone 4 4 times. Does this mean you'll loose the iphone 5 5 times?
    EpicInUtah likes this.
    10-19-2011 02:04 PM
    Theft is something that could happen to anyone, but I can only think that having it happen 4 times can only be due to some carelessness.

My roommate has lost, or misplaced multiple phones, multiple times, but only one was a genuine accident. He had it in his jacket pocket and didn't know the pocket had torn. The others were purely setting it down, in public and not keeping track of it.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-19-2011 02:09 PM
    Theft is something that could happen to anyone, but I can only think that having it happen 4 times can only be due to some carelessness.
    abs true! buy a $10 phone...
    10-20-2011 09:03 AM
    Nice to see half of us would rather make rude and childish comments to this person other than actually offer advice. I don't think any of you would be laughing if your phone was stolen from you.

My advice is to make your phone as difficult to steal as possible (and as difficult to use if stolen).

Buy a case/holster that physically connects to you. And that doesn't show if off. Showing it off is a quick way for people to go "OOoo! They have a very expensive phone"

Have your phone password protected. That will give you enough time to find it (hopefully) before they can either crack the code, or give up and turn it off.

Document the serial number off the back of your phone. The thief is probably selling it to a pawn store or to others. That number does have a paper trail, and can help you in catching who has it and retrieving your property.

Be aware of your surroundings. If this theft happened in the same place every time, it's probably the same person stealing it. They know you're one to carry a valuable that they can steal.

I hope some of this was helpful.
    10-20-2011 10:30 AM
    Hahahaha too true. They aren't worth selling because next week when the next "android super phone" comes out.......the current one isn't worth squat.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    10-20-2011 10:53 AM
    Damn! How the hell do you get your phone stolen the first time let alone twice? Sorry I am not trying to be a jerk but I know I make sure that I have my phone in my pocket or on my belt if I have a clip with me.

I/we spend enough money on these phones to leave them lying around or being so damn careless with them.

I hope you have better luck.
    10-20-2011 02:54 PM
    hahahahahhahahah good one !
    10-21-2011 07:38 AM
    1 time = bad luck
    2 time = coincidence
    3 time = owner fault
    4 time = dumbb owner.. hahahahhha

sorry, needed to laugh this morning !
    Last edited by aerotechboy; 10-21-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    10-21-2011 07:41 AM
    Nice to see half of us would rather make rude and childish comments to this person other than actually offer advice. I don't think any of you would be laughing if your phone was stolen from you.

My advice is to make your phone as difficult to steal as possible (and as difficult to use if stolen).

Buy a case/holster that physically connects to you. And that doesn't show if off. Showing it off is a quick way for people to go "OOoo! They have a very expensive phone"

Have your phone password protected. That will give you enough time to find it (hopefully) before they can either crack the code, or give up and turn it off.

Document the serial number off the back of your phone. The thief is probably selling it to a pawn store or to others. That number does have a paper trail, and can help you in catching who has it and retrieving your property.

Be aware of your surroundings. If this theft happened in the same place every time, it's probably the same person stealing it. They know you're one to carry a valuable that they can steal.

I advice to drill a hole in the lower corner.. install a 10 inches chain and problem solved ! like it? lol
    10-21-2011 07:45 AM

I have some advice for you forum hero...

Also...

What fantasy world do you live in?

...the bottom line here is that the OP, having not answered the question AT ALL, knows the situation in which his iPhone was stolen not once, or twice or even three times...but FOUR times, easily justifies the responses in this thread...how does the saying go? Fool me once...shame on you...fool me four times by stealing my iPhone, get flamed on the forum...or something like that.
    10-21-2011 08:06 AM
    Aaah so you for sure don't work for Apple then Thanks for the joke!
    10-21-2011 08:07 AM
    This thread is going nowhere.
    10-21-2011 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD