siri on the iPhone 4

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
And this is exactly why they said you need the A5 to run it. No matter how much everyone argued and *****ed and moaned, we told you this was going to be the case.

I thought the video was in slow motion for a minute. It was just the iPhone.

phantograms

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
And this is exactly why they said you need the A5 to run it. No matter how much everyone argued and *****ed and moaned, we told you this was going to be the case.

I thought the video was in slow motion for a minute. It was just the iPhone.

The guy who cracked this just posted a few hours ago that after he initially got it running, in a matter of hours later he was able to accelerate it- it seems to run smoothly now

check the updated video here on endgadget
Siri ported to an iPhone 4, old phone learns a new trick (Update: Better performance!) -- Engadget

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The guy who cracked this just posted a few hours ago that after he initially got it running, in a matter of hours later he was able to accelerate it- it seems to run smoothly now

check the updated video here on endgadget
Siri ported to an iPhone 4, old phone learns a new trick (Update: Better performance!) -- Engadget

Interesting. I'm hoping once they've made the money selling the 4s they'll eventually release this to iPhone4 users. It depends how well it works once it's communicating with Apple's servers, if they even allow it.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I bet all the guys on here that swore up and down that the phone needed more power to run it sure feel stupid.

It is how I said it was from the beginning; MARKETING!!!

Siri OBVIOUSLY can run on the iPhone 4.

And before all you flock on me and say: "BUT LOOK AT THE VIDEO ITS SLOW! (and then something about android sucking)"

It only is because the GPU drivers aren't optimized to run Siri. Not a hardware problem in any way shape or form. Once we get the drivers optimized (again NOT a hardware limitation), it'll run smooth. And it looks like that already been nearly done. All that we need is to let it communicate with apples servers.

Glad we could put this to bed. So we can have no more debate on this.

Personally I think this was a crap move on Apple's part and will probably make many users not want to buy from them again.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
yeah, a crap move, but no, this will not affect apple sales. I'm not happy I don't get siri on my iP4, but if the iphone is still the best for my needs in a year when I upgrade, this wouldn't dissuade me from getting the iP5 or whatever the next one will be called.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, even in iPhone 4s Siri is not an ideal feature, its something considered as an immature product by Apple. Though I couldn't have the new iPhone till yet but as far as I heard and saw the reviews etc the Siri is just a flop idea... Now in such a situation I wonder why would anyone would go for the siri for iphone 4? :O

The developer should have thought a little before trying to deal with the Siri... i dont know it will ever work well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro