I was messing around and got this to work perfectly. Just go into general then keyboards and shortcuts. For the Phrase put the word you want to add like "****" and for shortcut use the same word but with a capital "****". If you don't do it that way it will not work... I'm so freaking happy now That I can say things like "**** yo **** and hell" with no problem.
    10-14-2011 04:11 AM
    actually, it works for me even without a capital. same word is fine.
    10-14-2011 04:21 AM
    I tried without the capital but it wouldn't save.
    10-14-2011 05:39 AM
    I don't why, I intersted myself why!
    10-14-2011 07:23 AM
    I was messing around and got this to work perfectly. Just go into general then keyboards and shortcuts. For the Phrase put the word you want to add like "****" and for shortcut use the same word but with a capital "****". If you don't do it that way it will not work... I'm so freaking happy now That I can say things like "**** yo **** and hell" with no problem.
    Just an FYI that isn't really the dictionary, that's a new feature to auto expand short hand phrases.

To add words to the dictionary manually you must add an international keyboard; one of the Japanese ones will do it on the first try. Then the custom dictionary will be come visible and you can add words and phrases. If you add something like "lol" in this area it will not expand to "laugh out loud" but the iPhone will no longer try to correct "lol".
    10-14-2011 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD