this long?

Plow13

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So i downloaded the new itunes, downloaded the ios5 and now i click update iphone and my iphone has been "backing up" for about 3 hours and it is only half way....is it supposed to take this long?

Jockweiler

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
:eek: 3 hours is way to long - even for 32GB of Video (If you have that much)
Might take a while if you have a lot of photo's in the photo library tho....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're trying to do the same process 18 quadrillion people are trying to do...all at the same time. I would imagine the process will become less problematic this weekend...maybe, but anytime you try to do a major Apple update within the first 24 hours of release...you're asking for long wait times, buggy error messages randomly along the way...and, depending on your patience level, a good bit of frustration.

Plow13

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
the ios5 has already downloaded...its the backup that is taking forever...when i just do a normal sync it only like 5min but when it says backup before the install its taking foreverrrr...i didnt think they would be dependent on other users, would it?

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
the ios5 has already downloaded...its the backup that is taking forever...when i just do a normal sync it only like 5min but when it says backup before the install its taking foreverrrr...i didnt think they would be dependent on other users, would it?

Depends on how many apps, photos, videos, and other files you need to have backed up.

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you have the setting enabled in iTunes "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" it may take a while as it needs to go through the conversion process for each song. It took mine a few hours to complete as I have this setting enabled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73