Help unlocking iP4 and 3gs

helmania

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have been a silent observer of this website for many months and today have decided to ask for a little help. I can no longer tolerate ATTs high cost and crappy service. Therefore I would like to switch my phones to Tmobile. Before anyone brings up the notion that Tmobile's service might be just as bad, I'd like to make it clear that I would rather pay less (Tmobile) for bad service than more(ATT).

I am in need of permanent unlock codes for an iPhone4 and 3Gs both running the most recent software update (4.3.4 and baseband 04.10.01 for iPhone 4.) If an unlock code is not feasible, I'm willing to jail break to accomplish this task. But I would much rather a permanent fix. To extinguish any opportunities for this thread to segue into the unknown, I will also make it clear that ATT (Avaricious Tight-ass Tyrants):mad: will not oblige to forwarding me those codes.

So I have hope some of you brave and savvy souls will be able to help me out or point me in the right direction.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been here for awhile, but from what I remember:

No such thing as unlock codes. Apple is in charge of the unlocking process, and won't unlock AT&T iPhones.

As for unofficial unlocks, there's ultrasn0w and gevey SIM.

For iPhone 4, I think ultrasn0w only supports baseband 1.59.00, which you don't have, and there's no way to downgrade. Also, if you were to use ultrasn0w, you need to jailbreak. For the gevey SIM, I think it works with all iOS 4 basebands, but not iOS 5. If you want to use it on iOS 5, you have to preserve baseband while upgrading to iOS 5, which I do think requires a jailbreak, and atm, iOS 5 is a tethered jailbreak.

For 3GS, same deal with ultrasn0w, I think the latest it supports is 5.13.xx? Only way you can use ultrasn0w is if you update it to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband. It supposedly breaks your GPS though. And for gevey SIM, I think it works for the 3GS, probably with the same limitations with iOS 5.

Also, if you weren't aware, iPhones only get 2G/EDGE on T-Mobile's network.

Last edited:

drakekiler

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
guys i have an o2 iphone 4 which i haven't opened till recently.When i opened it,it says that there is no sim or invalid sim which is because it is locked to o2 uk.I'm now in India .....after seeing invalid sim,i tried to jailbreak it which put it into recovery mode and the phone doesn't come out even when connected to itunes.how could i go back to the screen that says invalid sim and emergency calls
help please!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2