Trying to troubleshoot my mom's iphone 4. She's on the Bell network and can receive email on wifi but when she sends it it just sits in her outbox. Once she's out of wifi range or she turns off wifi the emails go out.she's using The Edge/NorthwestTel network out of Yellowknife, NWT Canada. They pretty much just sell the phones and have been no help at all but she's down in Vancouver right now and I'd like to straighten this out. I've made a trip to Bell in Vancouver and the rep didn't fix the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Inccoming Mail Server
    Host Name: pop3.theedge.ca
    Username: .....@theedge.ca
    password:......

Outgoing Mail Server
    SMTP mail.1xbell.ca (primary)

other SMTP Servers
    smtp.theedge.ca off>
    10-12-2011 12:34 PM
    It's probably an issue with the port it's trying to send on. A lot of ISPs have stopped using the default port 25. You might want to look at that.
    voltaire likes this.
    10-12-2011 01:51 PM
    It's probably an issue with the port it's trying to send on. A lot of ISPs have stopped using the default port 25. You might want to look at that.
    Any idea of what ports to try or is that something only Bell or NorthwestTel would give out?
    10-12-2011 10:55 PM
    Sorry for not replying sooner, you'll have to contact your ISP and get their port information. The reason you can send on wifi is that you're connected to their network at the time ( I'm assuming the wifi being used is on that ISPs network, ie you're at home ).
    10-14-2011 11:45 AM
    Sorry for not replying sooner, you'll have to contact your ISP and get their port information. The reason you can send on wifi is that you're connected to their network at the time ( I'm assuming the wifi being used is on that ISPs network, ie you're at home ).
    Not sure if I understand but when my mom is home or at my place she is connected to my wifi.
    10-14-2011 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD