Who's keeping their iPhone 4?

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. Just got it in February, so not due for an upgrade for over a year. I'm not sad...I love my iPhone! My husband will be ditching his Droid & getting the VZW iPhone 4S in December.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think some folks are a little too picky about LTE, and Apple was pretty clear about the speed of the phone matching LTE devices. I think most folks who are quick to dismiss the 4S because of LTE will be pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised at how well the phone can keep up.

Regardless, I think if we waited 18 months since the iPhone 4 comes out, it could be another 18 months before the iPhone 5 reaches everyone. But, just a thought, I may be wrong on this.

Reciprocal

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I will be keeping mine. I still love it enough to keep it for another year. and games like Dark Meadow and Rage HD look great, so i'm not worried about the 4S making the 4 seem obsolete.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Initially I was going to just keep my iPhone4 until the next iPhone..but after reading more about the 4S..I decided I had to have it!

I already sold my 32GB iPhone4 for $450, I only paid $299 for it for my last upgrade...So now Im just waiting for Friday to pick up the 4S! I'll have to pay full retail and my current contract will still keep going on as is..

Im thankful that iPhone's are such amazing products they keep their value! I will do the same thing next year, so I pretty much will only own the current iPhone for 7-8 months no matter where I am in my contract..

My husband is keeping his iPhone4...because he loves it and doesn't see a need to upgrade this time around. Personally I think Siri will be nice and all but the camera/video capabilities of the 4S are what ended up selling me on it! I take a ton of photos and video..

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so sure. The more I read into the 4S, the more I think that waiting for the next iPhone update after that one would make more sense. After all, my 4 is still running perfectly. *knock on wood*

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I think some folks are a little too picky about LTE, and Apple was pretty clear about the speed of the phone matching LTE devices. I think most folks who are quick to dismiss the 4S because of LTE will be pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised at how well the phone can keep up.

Regardless, I think if we waited 18 months since the iPhone 4 comes out, it could be another 18 months before the iPhone 5 reaches everyone. But, just a thought, I may be wrong on this.

It's only "4g"(fake) when on a GSM HSPA+ enabled network.

LTE (I am going to refer to Verizons at the moment as it is the most established) is far faster in both real world and "peak" performances.

Apple claims it can hit 14.4 Mbps? That's it's peak? Not fast considering the AVERAGE speed of LTE is 12-24 mbps.

LTE is faster, LTE is what everyone is rolling out with (sprint is spending gobs of money on conversion, and AT&T is also trying to build their LTE network).

So that is why everyone is up in arms about it. LTE is the future and the fastest way to go

Last edited:

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

There wont be no iPhone 5, but iphone 6 will be out by June of 2012. Thats the phone that took 2 years to complete, the last iPhone designed by Mr jobs(RIP) and the one that will totally raise the bars on all smart phones. The upgrades between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are very minimal. ;)

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
There wont be no iPhone 5, but iphone 6 will be out by June of 2012. Thats the phone that took 2 years to complete, the last iPhone designed by Mr jobs(RIP) and the one that will totally raise the bars on all smart phones. The upgrades between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are very minimal. ;)

Why would there be no iPhone 5? I don't see the point in going from 4s to 6.

Unless by saying "there won't be no iPhone 5" you mean that there actually will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the time frame in which we'll see the next generation of iPhone will depend on how the 4S is perceived. Is it a stop gap solution by Apple to stay up to date in the current spec wars? Did Apple believe this was the natural evolution of the iPhone line, or was it something put out to give them more time to working on creating something special with the iPhone 5? Will buyers continue to purchase it at high volume after the initial push wears off? Will they see it as a true upgrade to the 4, or just something to kill time until the 5? If it still sells incredibly in a few months with little backlash, what is the rush for Apple to put out the 5 in about a year? If the sales taper off and the eventual general prevailing thought is that the 4S is just a band aid, then I think we'll see something in June. It's easy for people on this site to see the specs and make comparisons against other phones that have similar or superior hardware, but how much of the general population care that one phone has a 1.4Ghz Dual Core processor, while one has a 1.5Ghz dual core processor, and one has 512 megs or RAM vs another phone's 1 Gig of RAM? I'm willing to bet a large amount of people gloss over all of that stuff. None of it means a damn thing until it directly affects them and makes tasks they were doing before increasingly difficult. Then they'll still ignore those numbers and look for something that works. If Apple can milk the 4S until 2013 because people still eat them up, why wouldn't they?

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Since my wife wants to ditch her Android device for an iPhone, we will be getting her a new iPhone 4S and switching SIMM cards in my iPhone 4.

If I was eligible for an upgrade I wouldn't get a 4S. It is a great update with great speed improvements but besides Siri, it offers no other capabilities that my iPhone 4 doesn't already do. Like I say, the 4S is a great phone but it is a testament to just how great the iPhone 4 is that many of us would just as well stay with it!

Also one can assume that the iPhone 5 will be an all-new design so it may be worth waiting for it.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Why would there be no iPhone 5? I don't see the point in going from 4s to 6.

Unless by saying "there won't be no iPhone 5" you mean that there actually will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very simple. If you think back to the order they released their phones :

iPhone 1st gen
iPhone 3G 2nd iPhone
The much speculated iPhone 3 , turned out to be iPhone 3GS, so of course after that they didnt come with iphone 3 but iphone 4,
now we have the FIFTH gen iPhone in form of iPhone 4S,
Apple would not call a 6th gen iPhone "iPhone 5".
They will call it anything BUT iPhone 5. They couldve announce iPhone 5 last week but they didnt.
iPhone 6 is my guess ;)

cchs227

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have an iPhone 4, your most smartest option would be to keep it! Would you rather pay $449 or $199 for the iPhone 5 next year?! :rolleyes:

RG13

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If you have an iPhone 4, your most smartest option would be to keep it! Would you rather pay $449 or $199 for the iPhone 5 next year?! :rolleyes:

Well if u do what im planning to do which sell my iPhone 4 32gb for about $500
that means i can buy the iPhone 4s for just $300 when i make money off iPhone 4
n i wont have to stay with at&t for 2 years more next year =)

NotHomer

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Siri really intrigues me. I am on the road a lot so having a tool like Siri that could actually understand me would come in very handy. However, the fact that the iP4 has been doing exactly what I want and not leaving me with any desires, I am holding out for the iPad. iP4 stays with me for a bit longer. :D

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I will keep my i4 for a bit longer til 5 comes out. Unless I win the 4s from tipb ;) if I do win it i would prolly give it to my mom cause she's always wanted an iPhone. I can upgrade December 23rd but I think I'd rather wait for 5 cause I'm sure it will be even better!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox