There wont be no iPhone 5, but iphone 6 will be out by June of 2012. Thats the phone that took 2 years to complete, the last iPhone designed by Mr jobs(RIP) and the one that will totally raise the bars on all smart phones. The upgrades between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are very minimal.
    Why would there be no iPhone 5? I don't see the point in going from 4s to 6.

Unless by saying "there won't be no iPhone 5" you mean that there actually will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 04:22 PM
    I think the time frame in which we'll see the next generation of iPhone will depend on how the 4S is perceived. Is it a stop gap solution by Apple to stay up to date in the current spec wars? Did Apple believe this was the natural evolution of the iPhone line, or was it something put out to give them more time to working on creating something special with the iPhone 5? Will buyers continue to purchase it at high volume after the initial push wears off? Will they see it as a true upgrade to the 4, or just something to kill time until the 5? If it still sells incredibly in a few months with little backlash, what is the rush for Apple to put out the 5 in about a year? If the sales taper off and the eventual general prevailing thought is that the 4S is just a band aid, then I think we'll see something in June. It's easy for people on this site to see the specs and make comparisons against other phones that have similar or superior hardware, but how much of the general population care that one phone has a 1.4Ghz Dual Core processor, while one has a 1.5Ghz dual core processor, and one has 512 megs or RAM vs another phone's 1 Gig of RAM? I'm willing to bet a large amount of people gloss over all of that stuff. None of it means a damn thing until it directly affects them and makes tasks they were doing before increasingly difficult. Then they'll still ignore those numbers and look for something that works. If Apple can milk the 4S until 2013 because people still eat them up, why wouldn't they?
    10-10-2011 04:36 PM
    Since my wife wants to ditch her Android device for an iPhone, we will be getting her a new iPhone 4S and switching SIMM cards in my iPhone 4.

If I was eligible for an upgrade I wouldn't get a 4S. It is a great update with great speed improvements but besides Siri, it offers no other capabilities that my iPhone 4 doesn't already do. Like I say, the 4S is a great phone but it is a testament to just how great the iPhone 4 is that many of us would just as well stay with it!

Also one can assume that the iPhone 5 will be an all-new design so it may be worth waiting for it.
    10-10-2011 04:54 PM
    Why would there be no iPhone 5? I don't see the point in going from 4s to 6.

Unless by saying "there won't be no iPhone 5" you mean that there actually will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very simple. If you think back to the order they released their phones :

iPhone 1st gen
    iPhone 3G 2nd iPhone
    The much speculated iPhone 3 , turned out to be iPhone 3GS, so of course after that they didnt come with iphone 3 but iphone 4,
    now we have the FIFTH gen iPhone in form of iPhone 4S,
    Apple would not call a 6th gen iPhone "iPhone 5".
    They will call it anything BUT iPhone 5. They couldve announce iPhone 5 last week but they didnt.
    iPhone 6 is my guess
    10-10-2011 07:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure most people are gonna keep it, unless they have a need for Either Siri or HSDPA+
    10-10-2011 07:49 PM
    Not a big enough change for me. I'm keeping it
    10-10-2011 08:44 PM
    If you have an iPhone 4, your most smartest option would be to keep it! Would you rather pay $449 or $199 for the iPhone 5 next year?!
    10-10-2011 08:53 PM
    If you have an iPhone 4, your most smartest option would be to keep it! Would you rather pay $449 or $199 for the iPhone 5 next year?!
    Well if u do what im planning to do which sell my iPhone 4 32gb for about $500
    that means i can buy the iPhone 4s for just $300 when i make money off iPhone 4
    n i wont have to stay with at&t for 2 years more next year =)
    10-10-2011 09:09 PM
    Siri really intrigues me. I am on the road a lot so having a tool like Siri that could actually understand me would come in very handy. However, the fact that the iP4 has been doing exactly what I want and not leaving me with any desires, I am holding out for the iPad. iP4 stays with me for a bit longer.
    10-10-2011 11:08 PM
    I will keep my i4 for a bit longer til 5 comes out. Unless I win the 4s from tipb if I do win it i would prolly give it to my mom cause she's always wanted an iPhone. I can upgrade December 23rd but I think I'd rather wait for 5 cause I'm sure it will be even better!!
    10-11-2011 01:42 AM
    Let's hear it from the folks like me, locked into contracts with their iPhone 4s and actually okay with it. Yeah, I've had my AT&T iPhone 4 for a year and three weeks, now, and it's no longer the "best." But, it's still plenty good for me! It does everything I need it to - in fact, it's kind of scary how much I rely on it...:P

This is actually the first phone I've gotten and stuck with it. I used to switch phones every six months, literally. I've had a Motorola Razr, a Samsung SGH-A727, LG Shine, Samsung BlackJack II, Samsung Jack, BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9700, and finally, my iPhone 4. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

That being said, come February 25th (my upgrade eligibility date), I see a 64gb white 4S in my future. The 4 will be sticking around, though. I trust it too much to sell it.
    I'm staying with my iP4. I bought mine Dec of 2010. It's the first phone I've ever had that I have no problem with keeping for two whole years. I'm still loving it!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 02:25 AM
    I've only had the 4 since January (I was waiting for the white one...stupid i know) and then recently my iphone had a problem so i returned it to the apple store, they replaced it for a brand new one and I thought...wonder how much i can get on ebay. It sold for $420 so now im going to go get the iphone 4s for less then $30 (not including tax, but still!) Because im not eligible for an upgrade...so 16gb is $449 for me.

I would've stayed with my 4 if this didnt happen though. I had my 3G for over 2 years.
    10-11-2011 03:10 AM
    I've had my iPhone 4 for maybe a month. I bought it brand new off Craigslist and I love it! I am torn tho about getting the iPhone 4S. On one hand,I want the A5 and the 8mp camera,it would make my experience better then it currently is.

On the other hand,I was really looking forward to a new design. I may still get the new iPhone,but I'll wait to see what issues come up with it. Could be a nice gift to buy myself come tax return time (:
    10-11-2011 03:24 AM
    I'm keeping mine as a back up for a short period of time, then I'll sell it.
    10-11-2011 06:36 AM
    As a typical Canadian I'm on a 3 Year contract with TELUS. The 4S is a nice piece of hardware all right, but I just can't justify the cost of an unlocked/off contract 4S when my 4 is working so well for me right now. I'm also in the camp of having two 4's in the household which would have to be upgraded at the same time .....
    10-11-2011 10:16 AM
    well my personal and honest opinion is that if you wat the new features the you can go for the new iphone 4s, I mean if suppose you are interested in a higher and better camera and a high data rate then you should go for the new iphone otherwise you should stay at the iphone 4. Because there are few main features included only.

I personally have my iphone 4 and its working very well and there is no as such problem in the iphone 4, and I never feel to have a higher camera and and a high data rate so i am ok with my own iphone 4 for the time being.
    10-12-2011 03:28 AM
    I'm keeping mine, it's working well anyway.
    10-12-2011 04:16 AM
    Think I'm going to hold on to this bad boy for a little bit
    10-12-2011 08:56 AM
    Me and the wife are keeping our vip4's, cant wait to load iOS5 tonight!!!
    mikesa_tx likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:57 AM
    I've had my iPhone4 swapped out 7 times already due to various reasons (speaker, camera, screen, headphone jack, etc) but the last one I got seems to be working ok. I've only had it for a little while, like 3 weeks so who knows, with my luck, it'll probably crap out.

I just can't see myself spending another $200+ on another iPhone right now with how everything is looking economically. Hopefully it'll last but who knows.
    10-12-2011 11:49 AM
    Let the dogs have it!

Begone, black iPhone!
    10-12-2011 11:52 AM
    Let the dogs have it!

Begone, black iPhone!
    That's funny! My beagle ate my step-daughters phone because she left it on the couch. We warned her but she didn't listen.

Personally though, I don't care what color it is... Black, White, etc... I like the ColorWare thing for the BlackBerries that I used to own because you can get different color parts to customize your phone. I wish Apple would do that for the iPhone and allow for an extended battery to be put it as well. That'd be awesome!
    10-12-2011 11:57 AM
    ColorWare has iPhones. I almost got a red one but couldn't afford it.
    10-12-2011 12:01 PM
    ColorWare has iPhones. I almost got a red one but couldn't afford it.
    They do? I'll have to look into that. It's not a big deal to me though what color it is since the iPhone4 has stayed in an OtterBox Defender all the time anyway. I don't take it out but to clean it.

I have it in the case because of the screen. When I owened BlackBerries, they weren't in the OtterBoxes all the time.
    10-12-2011 12:05 PM
    I'm out of contract, was considering the 4S but I'm slowly coming to my senses My 4 is more than enough for me right now. The speed bump would be nice, as well as snappier camera but id rather save my money to put towards the iPhone 5.

A siri hack would be nice though.
    10-22-2011 04:31 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD