I am keeping the iPone 4, well, it will be my sons' phone. Yes, i pre-ordered. I have been back and forth from iphone to droid to iphone then droid....you get the picture. I seem to ALWAYS come back to the iPhone. In the future, I will not stray again. Plus, with icloud it will work perfectly with all my other apple stuff.
    10-09-2011 09:33 AM
    I'm happy with the current iPhone. Sure, it would be nice to have the latest and greatest, but what happens when the next one comes out?
    10-09-2011 09:57 AM
    mmmh wel i think i'd keep it. But if I got the choise between the iphone and the iphone 4s, I'd definetly choose the iphone 4s
    10-09-2011 10:42 AM
    I'm keeping my iPhone4. It's the new IOS5, that i'm really interested in. If the features are as good as i've read about, i'll be going "pure". I think that Lockinfo & ToneFx will become redundant, and since i'm not a "themer", there's no need for me to JB.
    10-09-2011 11:36 AM
    I'm happy to keep my iPhone4, I don't think I'd really use Siri a lot and the processing speeds are good enough for my needs. I also have a fantastic contract deal I managed to negotiate so I'm paying about half the price most of my friends are for the same thing. I'm eligable for an upgrade in December so I'm gonna see if there's any chance of getting the iPhone4s for free but I doubt it, so I'm more than happy to stick with what I've got for a while
    kenh4495 likes this.
    10-09-2011 11:57 AM
    I'm keeping it, but giving it to my wife while i upgrade to the 4S using someone else's upgrade on my family plan
    10-09-2011 12:29 PM
    I'll be keeping my iPhone 4; I'm really anxious for iOS 5!
    10-09-2011 12:33 PM
    i would be but aftr like 4-5 month
    i would upgrade to ip4s
    10-09-2011 01:13 PM
    I'm keeping mine. I'm not eligible for an upgrade at the moment, but nothing about the 4S made me feel like I needed to go out of my way to get it now. When it comes time for an upgrade, I'll take a look at what's out and what fills my needs and purchase accordingly.
    10-09-2011 01:15 PM
    Let's hear it from the folks like me, locked into contracts with their iPhone 4s and actually okay with it. Yeah, I've had my AT&T iPhone 4 for a year and three weeks, now, and it's no longer the "best." But, it's still plenty good for me! It does everything I need it to - in fact, it's kind of scary how much I rely on it...:P

This is actually the first phone I've gotten and stuck with it. I used to switch phones every six months, literally. I've had a Motorola Razr, a Samsung SGH-A727, LG Shine, Samsung BlackJack II, Samsung Jack, BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9700, and finally, my iPhone 4. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

That being said, come February 25th (my upgrade eligibility date), I see a 64gb white 4S in my future. The 4 will be sticking around, though. I trust it too much to sell it.

I'm pretty sure by February 25th you will change your mind about getting the 4S and just wait couple months for iPhone 6

I am sticking with my iPhone 4 because I don't wanna regret using my upgrade on it when iPhone 6 comes out next spring. I think iOS 5 will have enough to hold me over another 6 months.
    10-09-2011 03:42 PM
    Im keeping my iPhone 4! Not to excited about the Siri. iOS 5 is running smoothly with my device and i dont need another woman telling me what to do. #ScrewYouSiri!!!!
    jonmark likes this.
    10-09-2011 03:51 PM
    I don't have any iphone 4 right now. But if I did own one, I would probably keep it, since its kind of the same but with less features.
    hope I helped
    10-09-2011 03:53 PM
    I'm perfectly fine staying with iPhone 4. Not interested in iPhone 4S. Waiting on the next generation already.
    Same with me.
    10-09-2011 03:54 PM
    My wife, after s good amount of time on and Android device, is more than ready to return to an iPhone. I am almost a year into my iPhone 4 so she will get a new 4S and is happy to switch with me. Set up the new 4S with her phone # when it arrives then swap out SIMM cards.

The great thing about having two iPhones on overlapping 2 year contracts is that each year you can upgrade one if them.
    10-09-2011 10:30 PM
    I am keeping my iPhone 4 for now. I just upgraded my wife's blackberry curve to a 4s and it will be here on the 21st. I am not under contract with mine but it works great and i have had zero problems with it. Coming from a blackberry myself that means a lot! Just think i will wait until the next generation comes out. Maybe it will be LTE compatible by then.
    10-09-2011 10:32 PM
    I'm keeping mine. Just got it in February, so not due for an upgrade for over a year. I'm not sad...I love my iPhone! My husband will be ditching his Droid & getting the VZW iPhone 4S in December.
    10-09-2011 10:42 PM
    I think some folks are a little too picky about LTE, and Apple was pretty clear about the speed of the phone matching LTE devices. I think most folks who are quick to dismiss the 4S because of LTE will be pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised at how well the phone can keep up.

Regardless, I think if we waited 18 months since the iPhone 4 comes out, it could be another 18 months before the iPhone 5 reaches everyone. But, just a thought, I may be wrong on this.
    10-09-2011 10:45 PM
    I will be keeping mine. I still love it enough to keep it for another year. and games like Dark Meadow and Rage HD look great, so i'm not worried about the 4S making the 4 seem obsolete.
    10-09-2011 11:00 PM
    Initially I was going to just keep my iPhone4 until the next iPhone..but after reading more about the 4S..I decided I had to have it!

I already sold my 32GB iPhone4 for $450, I only paid $299 for it for my last upgrade...So now Im just waiting for Friday to pick up the 4S! I'll have to pay full retail and my current contract will still keep going on as is..

Im thankful that iPhone's are such amazing products they keep their value! I will do the same thing next year, so I pretty much will only own the current iPhone for 7-8 months no matter where I am in my contract..

My husband is keeping his iPhone4...because he loves it and doesn't see a need to upgrade this time around. Personally I think Siri will be nice and all but the camera/video capabilities of the 4S are what ended up selling me on it! I take a ton of photos and video..
    10-10-2011 12:28 AM
    I'm not so sure. The more I read into the 4S, the more I think that waiting for the next iPhone update after that one would make more sense. After all, my 4 is still running perfectly. *knock on wood*
    10-10-2011 01:16 AM
    I don't have any issues with my iPhone 4 still love it... Since it is not 4G LTE I can wait until next year
    10-10-2011 07:41 AM
    Selling my 4 for the 4S
    10-10-2011 08:02 AM
    I think some folks are a little too picky about LTE, and Apple was pretty clear about the speed of the phone matching LTE devices. I think most folks who are quick to dismiss the 4S because of LTE will be pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised at how well the phone can keep up.

Regardless, I think if we waited 18 months since the iPhone 4 comes out, it could be another 18 months before the iPhone 5 reaches everyone. But, just a thought, I may be wrong on this.
    It's only "4g"(fake) when on a GSM HSPA+ enabled network.

LTE (I am going to refer to Verizons at the moment as it is the most established) is far faster in both real world and "peak" performances.

Apple claims it can hit 14.4 Mbps? That's it's peak? Not fast considering the AVERAGE speed of LTE is 12-24 mbps.

LTE is faster, LTE is what everyone is rolling out with (sprint is spending gobs of money on conversion, and AT&T is also trying to build their LTE network).

So that is why everyone is up in arms about it. LTE is the future and the fastest way to go
    Last edited by Genericmessage00; 10-11-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    paul-c likes this.
    10-10-2011 09:35 AM
    I'm keeping my ip4
    10-10-2011 11:19 AM

There wont be no iPhone 5, but iphone 6 will be out by June of 2012. Thats the phone that took 2 years to complete, the last iPhone designed by Mr jobs(RIP) and the one that will totally raise the bars on all smart phones. The upgrades between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are very minimal.
    10-10-2011 02:06 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD