I suspected as much. That probably means that Apple will be able to limit siri to whichever devices it wants, and us iP4 users are pretty much going to be on the outside looking in when it comes to Siri.
    In a non-jailbroken state yes. But through Cydia and jailbreaking they have there own servers and don't need Apples servers. Once the phones leave Apple they don't have control anymore. Meaning there are truly no limitations to a Iphone if you are willing to jailbreak. Which has went to court and is fully legal now regardless of how bad Apple wants it to be. Apple can't even stop people from stealing paid app store apps on daily basis for years and years let alone try to stop a modded Iphone4 using advanced voice control technology.
    10-09-2011 06:15 AM
    The Siri app requires a back end server to work - where the server program runs..... Its a client/server application. The piece on the iPhone needs the piece on the server to function....
    10-09-2011 07:30 AM
    I'm certainly hoping for the jailbreak developers to work some magic and give us Siri. Otherwise, my wife is going to be able to gloat over me with her 4S. Of course I'll be able to gloat over her when I get my 6 next year, but that's another matter entirely.
    10-09-2011 04:38 PM
    It won't run natively on the 4 for sure. My guess is that because it's so deeply integrated into the OS now (as opposed to being a stand alone app) it needs that extra processing power to run well. Jailbreakers may find a way after it's been out for a while but only time will tell.
    10-10-2011 12:35 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD