Calendar Reminders Not Working?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I find reminder to be buggy sometimes but as long as you follow the above and still have problems like I do sometimes just use your calendar app for important things

Funny if I set a reminder using Siri I never have a problem

Sent from my iPhone 5
I rarely use the native reminder app, but when I did, it worked for me. I like and use Any.Do most of the time, and it gets the job done for me. When iOS 7 drops, however, I will test out the new reminders feature to see if I'll like it. If I do, I'll resort to using it full time, but if not, I'll continue using Any.Do.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I rarely use the native reminder app, but when I did, it worked for me. I like and use Any.Do most of the time, and it gets the job done for me. When iOS 7 drops, however, I will test out the new reminders feature to see if I'll like it. If I do, I'll resort to using it full time, but if not, I'll continue using Any.Do.

Don't get me wrong the reminder app is OK and will be getting better but there is a small issue some are experiencing but I'm not encouraging anyone to stop using it

I like asking Siri to add items to my shopping list I created and once tried the location setting which worked fairly well

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong the reminder app is OK and will be getting better but there is a small issue some are experiencing but I'm not encouraging anyone to stop using it

I like asking Siri to add items to my shopping list I created and once tried the location setting which worked fairly well

Sent from my iPhone 5

Truly, I understand what you're saying and am not trying to contradict you or anything. I apologize if I appeared to have been...:)...As for Siri, it is very useful when you know its capabilities, isn't it?

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Truly, I understand what you're saying and am not trying to contradict you or anything. I apologize if I appeared to have been...:)...As for Sire, it is very useful when you know its capabilities, isn't it?

Not at all your post was spot on my friend I always look forward to your incite

Sent from my iPhone 5

gingerchef

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
This was bugging me too, glad I'm not the only one! I've just updated to IOS 7 and my calendar reminders don't go off when I set up an event through Microsoft. The event appears on my calendar on the iphone but no alert. I've checked all the settings and they're all fine. The alert works fine when I set up an event through the phone (alert on both the phone and in outlook) but not the other way round. After a play around with outlook I've noticed the reminders only come through on the phone when I set the event to 'high importance'. Not sure why, it just does. Hopefully this helps, until apple release an update to iron out this bug.

rmosutton

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm having EXACTLY the problem described -- all the settings are as they should be as far as sounds and buzzing. But if I set a calendar item myself, the alerts go off with the proper sounds. If I am invited to a con call (which is generally through a Microsoft Outlook-generated invitation), only the visual on the screen goes off, which is obviously useless.

Does anyone know of either a workaround or a plan for Apple to fix this? This is my work phone, and I have lots of con calls and desperately need a competent alerting mechanism.

parijatluthra

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, but go to:

settings->notification center->calendar-> IN ALERT STYLE MAKE SURE ALERTS IS HIGHLIGHTED ( as in Iphone 5s, its too light ).

NOW TRY

Shawn Lauer

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, but go to:

settings->notification center->calendar-> IN ALERT STYLE MAKE SURE ALERTS IS HIGHLIGHTED ( as in Iphone 5s, its too light ).

NOW TRY

The reminder notifications and calendar alerts are run through an email account. You have to go to your notification center and change which ever email account is connected to your reminders and calendar. Just turn the alerts on to that particular account or accounts

Shawn Lauer

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
The reminder notifications and calendar alerts are run through an email account. You have to go to your notification center and change which ever email account is connected to your reminders and calendar. Just turn the alerts on to that particular account or accounts

Notification center -> mail

BartleScrivener

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I ran into the same issue: I'd set alerts through the calendar app but no alerts would ever activate. I couldn't understand why.

Here's what I did to solve it: I went to Settings and went into the Notification Center. For some reason, the Calendar app was in the "Do Not Include" list. I clicked on Edit (at the top right, right of the Notification Center text), and moved the Calendar app from the "Do Not Include" list to the "Include" list.

It's a simple solution but it took me some time to notice that there are two lists in the Notification Center and then to find out how to edit them. I have no clue why my phone by default had the calendar in the "Do Not Include" list but ever since I moved the Calendar app to the right list my alerts have been working perfectly. I hope this helps.

Pcmacbob

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my iphone 6 plus and got it to work by doing a hard reboot of the phone. Hold both the round button and the one on the side of the phone (opposite of the volume buttons) until the screen goes out. it might restart the phone by doing this or you might have to push the button on the right side of the phone to start up the phone and it worked after rebooting.

davidnicholas59

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Happens to me all the time. I had it with a purchased tone used for calendar alerts, but then other alerts started disappearing after a day too. The old power it off then power it on again sometimes works (it did for me just now).

iGnorant2

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to sync my new MacBook Pro with a new iPhone 5SE. I've created test meetings on MacBook that alerts on the Mac, but not on the phone. Then I've created meetings on the phone, which alert on the MacBook, but again not on the phone itself.

I've tried all of the the above, and more, but it appears as if iPhone 5SE has some software bug that does not allow alarms to be shown. From scanning the internet, it appears as if I am not the only one having this problem, especially with 5SE.

Any further comment regarding this issue?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to sync my new MacBook Pro with a new iPhone 5SE. I've created test meetings on MacBook that alerts on the Mac, but not on the phone. Then I've created meetings on the phone, which alert on the MacBook, but again not on the phone itself.

I've tried all of the the above, and more, but it appears as if iPhone 5SE has some software bug that does not allow alarms to be shown. From scanning the internet, it appears as if I am not the only one having this problem, especially with 5SE.

Any further comment regarding this issue?

You might want to post this in the iPhone SE forum.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner