Calendar Reminders Not Working?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in your event details make sure you have your Alert set accordingly 5 minutes before, 10 minutes before, 1 day before etc. etc.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
there has to be a reason my alerts are not going off? its on and everything and my sound/ speakers work perfectly fine for every other thing like text music ect

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the mute switch is not set and the volume is turned up. Also make sure there are no headphones or Bluetooth connected.

Check Settings->Sounds->Calendar Alerts

Go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Time Zone Support and make sure it's correct.

robh0101

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i had this issue and found the answer was to take my calendar reminders off banners and onto alerts

settings>notifications>calendar>alert style

hope this helps.

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had this problem on my iphone 5 from day 1. Sat on the phone with Apple for over an hour & didn't solve the problem so they sent me a new phone coz mine was only a few days old & guess what..... It's still doesn't work. It's something I used all the time with my previous iPhones with no problems so I've had to start using the reminders app. Can't understand what the issue is & why it's still not sorted even after all the updates.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem on my iphone 5 from day 1. Sat on the phone with Apple for over an hour & didn't solve the problem so they sent me a new phone coz mine was only a few days old & guess what..... It's still doesn't work. It's something I used all the time with my previous iPhones with no problems so I've had to start using the reminders app. Can't understand what the issue is & why it's still not sorted even after all the updates.

Make sure the basics are covered:

1. Settings-Notifications Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use OR
2. Settings-Sounds Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use.
3. Check the "Do Not Disturbed" times. Settings-Notifications-Do Not Disturb.
4. Settings-Notifications-Calendar and make sure that the "Alerts" feature is enabled under the "Alert Style" option.

Bruce Taylor1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No headphones or bluetooth? You're kidding right? If the alerts do not work when you are using headphones then there is a major problem. Suggesting this as though it is a fix is a really sad. I know it is not your fault, but how about saying this "Sometimes it doesn't work when you have headphones connected which is a problem for Apple.

snoozlebuz

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an iphone 5 and I was just having the same problem. The ringer was working but everything else was silent (vibrations still worked). I fixed it by opening the music app and turning the volume up. I guess that's how you can control the volume for everything besides the ringer (the side volume buttons only adjust the ringer volume).

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Make sure the basics are covered:

1. Settings-Notifications Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use OR
2. Settings-Sounds Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use.
3. Check the "Do Not Disturbed" times. Settings-Notifications-Do Not Disturb.
4. Settings-Notifications-Calendar and make sure that the "Alerts" feature is enabled under the "Alert Style" option.

I find reminder to be buggy sometimes but as long as you follow the above and still have problems like I do sometimes just use your calendar app for important things

Funny if I set a reminder using Siri I never have a problem

Sent from my iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73