Iphone4 and IOS5?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So if you have the iPhone4 and are not planning on getting the 4s can you still get the ios5 software through an update or do u have to purchase the new iPhone? If so what else will the update include if you do get the new software?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So if you have the iPhone4 and are not planning on getting the 4s can you still get the ios5 software through an update or do u have to purchase the new iPhone? If so what else will the update include if you do get the new software?

Yes, you can upgrade your iOS to the latest and greatest. What do you get? The whole, brand new shiny iOS 5.

What are you asking with the "what else" part of the question? Sorry, pony not included.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So you get the iOS upgrade and was wondering if you get any new updates that the 4s has like Siri? Ect? Also is the upgrade available now?

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
So you get the iOS upgrade and was wondering if you get any new updates that the 4s has like Siri? Ect? Also is the upgrade available now?
Siri is only for the iPhone 4s, and the iOS5 update won't be available until October 12. This information and oodles more is available on the front page of TiPB.com.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Siri requires the beefier hardware specs of the iPhone 4S. So no, you won't get that with the iOS upgrade.

The Gold Master (GM) version of iOS 5 is currently available to developers at this point. It will be available to all sometime on 10/12.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So what is the point of getting the 4s if the iOS5 is avaibale on the 4! Haha the only thing that is new to the 4a is Siri and a better camera haha I'll wait for the iphone5!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So what is the point of getting the 4s if the iOS5 is avaibale on the 4! Haha the only thing that is new to the 4a is Siri and a better camera haha I'll wait for the iphone5!!

Faster memory, and (still unconfirmed, but rumored) 1GB RAM, better camera, Siri Assistant.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can upgrade your iOS to the latest and greatest. What do you get? The whole, brand new shiny iOS 5.

What are you asking with the "what else" part of the question? Sorry, pony not included.

Damn! Im holding out for the Pony! :D

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That is kind of the dilema i am going through. Is Siri, speed increase (even though the iP4 is pretty quick itself) and an updated camera ENOUGH to buy the 4S?

The speed and better camera are nice, but not individually strong enough to persuade me. The possible kicker is Siri. Siri looks incredible, but I don't know how much i would really use it. Kind of like Facetime (I know Siri will be much more useful to a lot more people), it is an awesome feature, but I have only used it once.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That is kind of the dilema i am going through. Is Siri, speed increase (even though the iP4 is pretty quick itself) and an updated camera ENOUGH to buy the 4S?

The speed and better camera are nice, but not individually strong enough to persuade me. The possible kicker is Siri. Siri looks incredible, but I don't know how much i would really use it. Kind of like Facetime (I know Siri will be much more useful to a lot more people), it is an awesome feature, but I have only used it once.

Exactly. Coming from anything prior to the iPhone 4, this is a no-brainer win. But I'm not sure it's enough for those of us who already have the iPhone 4.

Molly Wood has an interesting take on this in her current blog. She says that Apple doesn't want (more like "expect") everyone to upgrade every year, based in part on the carrier's 2-year contract terms. Interesting, and I can't say that I totally disagree.

Molly Rants - CNET News

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site

In my opinion if you have a 3GS then you should probably upgrade. If you have an iPhone 4 already then you should definitely wait.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The speed boost on the iPhone 4S, better faster camera, better antenna, Siri, and dual core do it for me!

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal