Slight Electrical Charge

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else or if it's just me.
I've had iPhones since the 3G on AT&T, but it's always been the same computer.
I get a slight electrical charge on my face when the phone is connected USB to the computer, but not when it's connected to the wall socket. I'm afraid to let my phone charge on the computer in fear that there is something wrong and it may damage my phone

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else or if it's just me.
I've had iPhones since the 3G on AT&T, but it's always been the same computer.
I get a slight electrical charge on my face when the phone is connected USB to the computer, but not when it's connected to the wall socket. I'm afraid to let my phone charge on the computer in fear that there is something wrong and it may damage my phone

As in you can feel an electrical current flowing through you while on the phone when it is plugged in?

Are you using the phone whilst it is connected to the computer?

Regardless of the answers to these questions, the answer to your questions is very simple (and rather annoying);

Your computer has a bad ground. And it can damage your phone or anything else plugged into it! Probably not at the immediate, but over time it can hurt it.

See, without a proper ground, the electricity in your computer has no outlet. Be that static electricity (and it makes a TON of that, that's why before you take your computer apart you should be grounded as well), or just residual power that it has drawn from the wall.

So in short, it is bad grounding, and yes it can damage your phone over the long term.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
As in you can feel an electrical current flowing through you while on the phone when it is plugged in?

Are you using the phone whilst it is connected to the computer?

Regardless of the answers to these questions, the answer to your questions is very simple (and rather annoying);

Your computer has a bad ground. And it can damage your phone or anything else plugged into it! Probably not at the immediate, but over time it can hurt it.

See, without a proper ground, the electricity in your computer has no outlet. Be that static electricity (and it makes a TON of that, that's why before you take your computer apart you should be grounded as well), or just residual power that it has drawn from the wall.

So in short, it is bad grounding, and yes it can damage your phone over the long term.

yes, i can feel like a sting like when someone rubs a carpet and touches you, but more intense. Yes, I am using the phone while it's connected.

Thanks for that. I'll just never connect it to my comp. I've had this thing for years

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73