iPhone 4 stuck in recovery

scrbowler

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
In a lapse of good judgement after starting an upgrade of our iPhone 4 running iOS ver 4.2.1 we disconnected the phone and rebooted the pc in an effort to abort upgrading but needless to say that did not work.

I now have the screen with the usb cord on it (recovery mode?) all the time. The phone will power on and off but never does anything but show the apple logo then back to the recovery screen. Any attempt to restore in iTunes gets a constant 3194 error. I was able to use Redsn0w to attempt a jailbreak using iOS ver 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 which both acted like they worked but after finishing the phone reboots back to the recovery screen.

Any suggestions of what to try next. I spent all last night reading and testing different suggestions from the web to no avail.

thank you in advance for any help you may provide.
Steve (newbie)

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you backed up your SHSH blob for the firmware you are on? If so just open TinyUmbrella and turn on TSS Server after you download the firmware you was on. Then reinstall and reJB your phone. If you are updating to newest firmware just hook back to itunes it will se your phone is in recovery mode and install the newest firmware. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods