i have been away from the Iphone world for a bit, i get like 10 emails a day maybe 15, which is better for someone like me? Push or Fetch?

also, is boxcar still being used to twitter notifications? is that still the best or does the twitter app work as far as notifications now?

thanks all
    Derek
    09-28-2011 08:08 AM
    Push is fine...I have three accounts on Push and my battery life is great. Twitter does notifications itself, which I also use. No problems there either. If your last iPhone was a pre-iPhone 4 model, the battery life was much less back then. The 4 can last for ages.
    09-28-2011 08:24 AM
    what uses more? push mail, or boxcar sending push notifications on the email and i check manually when i want to read it
    09-28-2011 08:36 AM
    I've never used Boxcar, so couldn't say, but getting a dozen emails a day isn't going to mean a lot of usage no matter what. I'm sure you'll be fine either way; I just prefer to use the native push features instead of installing another app to do what the phone already does on its own.

Obviously, manual will give you the best but then you need to check for mail. You might consider running a little experiment: use Push for a week, then use Boxcar for a week, then use Fetch for a week, and you'll see what works best for you.
    09-28-2011 08:54 AM
    i have been away from the Iphone world for a bit, i get like 10 emails a day maybe 15, which is better for someone like me? Push or Fetch?
    10-15 is very light for email so I would absolutely use push.

also, is boxcar still being used to twitter notifications? is that still the best or does the twitter app work as far as notifications now?
    I dabbled with Boxcar a while back and it just seemed like another notification layer on top of the iPhone existing notifications. Twitter works fine for me, although I don't get a lot of DMs.

I can't say I've noticed much if any battery hit with push email... and I get a lot more than you per day... so I'm not sure if your concern is really valid at this point. I have my fetch set for every hour for anything that doesn't support push...
    09-28-2011 09:50 PM
    I have 4 accounts on push (and get hundreds of emails/day) as well as using Tweetbot with built in push. My battery always lasts the whole day.
    reckrab likes this.
    09-29-2011 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD