How do you place your icons?

darrwing

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I just looked and decided I am using far too many folders, and want to do so with less folders.
How do you organize your icons, I am looking for ideas

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I use folders when I have at least a few apps that go together in some way. What I do is I make sure that my most frequently used apps are on the first page, then from the second page onward I alphabetize the folders and individual apps.

I suppose no matter how you organize your icons eventually finding what app you need will become second nature, but I find that alphabetizing everything makes it easier to find the apps I don't use on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
After the first page mine are placed by category, for the most part. Apps that are most important to me tend to get placed in the bottom right quarter of the screen.

First page: My most used apps, regardless of category.
Second page: My photo apps, Cydia, and three folders: Video apps, Games, and Music. Of course, this is just based on my own interests; yours might be gaming, or productivity, or something else. (See below for more on folders.)*
Third page: Assorted utility apps like Amazon, Skype, Google Voice, Remote, and so on.
Fourth page: Apps I almost never use but like to keep around, or new apps I haven't really tested out yet. Those may or may not stick around.

*Regarding folders: For years I avoided them, but I eventually realized that I was taking up a lot of space with apps that I knew I wanted on my phone, even if I didn't use them very often. At some point, I realized that four pages was the limit to my number of useful pages; more than that meant I never used the apps on those pages, and for some reason I hate littering my phone with apps I don't use. So I decided to limit myself to four pages--any time I want to install a new app, I force myself to delete an old one. It's worked out pretty well, and I think allowing myself those three folders has made a big difference. I'm still not crazy about them--and I'd never put them on my first page--but for important but seldom-used apps like iMovie, they work very well.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Page 1: Apps I use every day. Settings, App Store, Checkbook, lots of weather apps, WWF.

Page 2: Apps I use almost every day: SplashID, Clock, Calculator, Converter, Photos, plus a weather folder, a storms/radar folder, an Andrew Johnson folder and a Phone/Tracking folder.

Page 3: Folders. Navigation, Travel, WDW (Disney), Finance, Entertainment, Date&Time, Health, Wine/Dine, Social, Twitter, Shopping, A/V, Browse/Search, News, Notes, Field Guides.

Page 4: Single game apps like Moron Test, Koi Pond, and then three folders of games, a Util/Draw folder, Meditation folder, Photo/Video folder, Reading folder, and then new single apps that I want to find fast while I am evaluating them, before they get deleted or sent to their proper folder.

Page 5: Crap folder of apps I don't use but can't delete like Compass and Calender and more new apps I am trying out.

Last edited:

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I keep them all on one page with folders. Nice and easy. Favs, entertainment, sports, cydia apps, games, utilities and settings.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
first page everyday apps..fb twitter voip etc..
2nd page once a day apps news im stocks etc
3rd page games folder for small games 3d games fill the page
4th page the cool stuff that u just get cuz u can! ;-)

ive also arranged the apps color coded.. makes it easier to find them..eg looking for twitter. look for the blue section, then find it. ( i find it very effective)

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using liveOS theme, which gives you three pages with about 24 or so apps to place in each category. Safari, Text, Phone, Mail, Ipod and, Camera are included on every page.
Work - Banking, Shopping, Directions, Calculator, Maps, etc.
Play - Social, Games, Photos/Videos, Netflix, Youtube
Edit - Any settings and editing apps. Also anything to do with dreamboard or cydia is in here.

There is a launcher on each page as well to show all apps, i leave anything i don't use or hardly use in there.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep page one for my quick access apps. The second page is where I keep all of my apps organized in folders. Page 3 is for my online bill pay apps. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. I don't have too many apps....

47b9a952-97fe-660e.jpg

47b9a952-9826-4d8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Simple is best... and lots of folders... I would have 2 pages, but I wanted to move that Newsstand waste of space off my first 2 pages...

xphoto1.png
xphoto2.png
xphoto3.png

Last edited:

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
48cfe42a-52c6-b2f2.jpg

48cfe42a-52d6-d71d.jpg

I have my first page with my most used and nothing but app icons. My second page is my folders and less used apps. I try to keep my phone to a two screen minimum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2