iPhone 4 manufacturers warranty

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to an online Verizon rep and was told that my manufacturers warranty is voided because i bought the phone used. Is this true?

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You have a one year warranty on a new Apple iPhone (or other Apple products). If you buy it new and then sell it, the warranty is still good for a full year from the date of the original purchase.

If it's a refurb, you get 90 days, unless it's a warranty replacement. In that case, you get the balance of the original 1 year warranty or 90 days which ever is greater.

As usual, the VZW rep is wrong. IMHO, wireless sales reps are one rung above lawyers on the "necessary evil" ladder.

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You have a one year warranty on a new Apple iPhone (or other Apple products). If you buy it new and then sell it, the warranty is still good for a full year from the date of the original purchase.

If it's a refurb, you get 90 days, unless it's a warranty replacement. In that case, you get the balance of the original 1 year warranty or 90 days which ever is greater.

As usual, the VZW rep is wrong. IMHO, wireless sales reps are one rung above lawyers on the "necessary evil" ladder.

This is all correct.. I always advise you take any service-related issues directly to the Apple store (Not they they are Geniuses either tho)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Vzn customer service isnt very knowledgable. Go to Apple. They don't care who originally bough it. They only care that it's not past the 1 year mark which they can tell by serial #.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, your iPhone might still be covered under the warranty depending on when the original owner bought it. You can see how much time is remaining with Apples online warranty tool. Simply input your iPhones serial number into the field. This will tell you what your warranty options are and how much time is remaining on it. https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You guys were all right. I checked online and i am covered until May 16th, 2012. Why do VZW reps always say the wrong thing? I've often had a VZW rep tell me the wrong thing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys were all right. I checked online and i am covered until May 16th, 2012. Why do VZW reps always say the wrong thing? I've often had a VZW rep tell me the wrong thing.

Not just the Verizon reps. I've received the wrong information from reps on the other wireless carriers that I have had in the past as well. Those reps need to take a refresher class related to their policy and procedures, and Apples P&P as well.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Plus Apple support is great. As long as you don't lie to them they are pretty good about helping you. I had a coworker whose son threw her phone out the window of the car and shattered it. She went to the store with him and they told the story exactly how it happened, and she left with a new phone.