i'm selling my powerbook, does anyone know if i deauthorize my computer and delete my music off if it will take everything off my iphone?

thanks in advance!
    09-21-2011 02:41 AM
    Everything will come off your phone when you try to sync it to a new computer. ...unless you copy everything from the Powerbook to the new computer.
    09-21-2011 06:42 AM
    09-21-2011 08:39 AM
    You should wipe the hard disk on the powerbook before selling it. Re-image the machine the way it was from the factory then hand it off. You don't need to worry about de-authorizing the computer. You can have up to 5 computers authorized at once and when you reach the limit you have an option to deauthorize all of them. I have had to do that in the past because I change computers often.
    09-21-2011 09:29 AM
    Last time I tried to do a deauthorize all, it said that option was only available once a year. Is this still the case? I've been waiting for November to roll around so I can free up my authorizations - I've got a work computer from a job I left, and two computers on there twice because I had to restore them.
    09-24-2011 09:08 AM
    Last time I tried to do a deauthorize all, it said that option was only available once a year. Is this still the case? I've been waiting for November to roll around so I can free up my authorizations - I've got a work computer from a job I left, and two computers on there twice because I had to restore them.
    You can only do it once per year. But you can contact Apple support (Apple - Support) and ask them to do it for you. Simply explain the situation and ask them to deauthorize all computers. They will usually complete the process in a matter of a day or two.

I've taken this route a couple of times.
    09-24-2011 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD