This is why the home button has a square on it

musikaaa

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Just occurred to me --- I feel incredibly slow ---

The square on the home button symbolizes an app icon. :eek:

The curves are the same. And when iPhone first came around, it was known as "the revolutionary new phone with a bunch of candy-coloured little rounded squares you can tap on". It's so simple.

Brilliant little Apple Detail.

Sorry if this was obvious to people! :D

(I posted this over at MacRumors several days ago and thought I'd share here as well. This is why the home button has a square on it - MacRumors Forums)

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Just occurred to me --- I feel incredibly slow ---

The square on the home button symbolizes an app icon. :eek:

The curves are the same. And when iPhone first came around, it was known as "the revolutionary new phone with a bunch of candy-coloured little rounded squares you can tap on". It's so simple.

Brilliant little Apple Detail.

Sorry if this was obvious to people! :D

(I posted this over at MacRumors several days ago and thought I'd share here as well. This is why the home button has a square on it - MacRumors Forums)

I would think of they were going in that direction then they would have made the button square and outlined it white (or black if you have the white one.)

Could be though. I just thought it was there so you knew where the button was.

Sent from my iPhone

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's weird how some people have always made this connection, while others have completely overlooked it. It reminds me of when the first Batman movie came out in the late 80s/early 90s...after the ads for it had been plastered over town for weeks, my mom turned to me one day and said, "Why do they use those teeth as the sign for Batman?" After a confusing minute of back and forth banter, I finally realized that for decades she had thought the important part of the Batman logo was the yellow part.

Stare at it long enough and you'll eventually see what she meant:
Batman-Logo.jpg

Not an exact analogy to the Home button thing, just an observation about how crazy our brains can be. It never occurred to me that the square might represent anything besides an app icon.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I have never met anyone who sees the batman logo inverted.. And *my* mom smokes 3 joints a day. But I get the analogy. Hahaha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR