GSM iPhones Get Better WiFi

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
yep, it is apple's fault, but the fact remains that wifi is better on gsm iphones and cdma iphones suck in comparison

I never really noticed this when I had Verizon's iPhone 4 for a short period of time. I always had a good WiFi connection wherever I went. My AT&T iPhone 4 performs just as well on those same WiFi connections.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had both, side by side. And I noticed no difference whatsoever. The websites loaded up equally fast and I got pretty much the same distance. So I fail to see what the issue is...

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I started reading this thread, I had to try this myself. I have a Verizon Iphone4 and my nephew has a AT&T Iphone4. At the office we are at, there is a consumer grade Linksys router (don't know the exact model). We both connect with same amount of WiFi bars. Downloaded an app (40MB game) from "App Store", went to numerous websites and downloaded a data file (5MB) in email for testing. All test were basically equal. Websites were the same amount of time, data file in email were same. These tests never had more than 1-2 seconds different, with phones alternating who finished first. Only game file from "App Store" was slightly apart (about 10 seconds) with my Verizon Iphone finishing first. Those were my results for "layman" test.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Since I started reading this thread, I had to try this myself. I have a Verizon Iphone4 and my nephew has a AT&T Iphone4. At the office we are at, there is a consumer grade Linksys router (don't know the exact model). We both connect with same amount of WiFi bars. Downloaded an app (40MB game) from "App Store", went to numerous websites and downloaded a data file (5MB) in email for testing. All test were basically equal. Websites were the same amount of time, data file in email were same. These tests never had more than 1-2 seconds different, with phones alternating who finished first. Only game file from "App Store" was slightly apart (about 10 seconds) with my Verizon Iphone finishing first. Those were my results for "layman" test.
try this... keep walking away from that router until one of them gets disconnected. tell me which one disconnects first

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
try this... keep walking away from that router until one of them gets disconnected. tell me which one disconnects first

OK. Basically performed same test again today, as earlier date, with mostly same results. I then took both phones and walked outside. At front door, I am already about 65ft from router and going through 5 walls. Both phones had same, full WiFi signal strength. I had to walk approx. 325-350ft from building, before both phones lost signal completely and at the same time. I was surprised. When I first started walking, the AT&T Iphone started dropping signal bars first, but going to websites, speed was same for both (within 1 second of each other loading and alternating 1st & 2nd place). After losing WiFi signal, I waited about a minute, then started walking back. The AT&T Iphone did pick up the Wifi first, about 60ft before the Verizon model.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods