GSM iPhones Get Better WiFi

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but whether VZW sucks or not has nothing to do with WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as ive said before
Ok, i'll say it again...(note: im on Verizon)
Other than the obvios talk and surf thing-
You cannot merge a call unless you are the original caller
Even when a call is merged, you cannot hang up on just one of the callers
3G is slower on Verizon
Verizon iPhone internet won't get any faster with any newer iPhone any time soon because 4G LTE won't be available on an iphone for the next couple of years at least. AT&T however, will not only still be faster than Verizon's 3G, but it will get even faster with 3G HSPA+

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
What does that have to do with WiFi?

And sorry, but I don't follow your posts religiously so I have no idea where you posted that (certainly not in this thread). Get an iPhone from AT&T if you are that dissatisfied.

haha! what do you mean 'what does it have to do with wifi'!?
you just said 'but whether VZW sucks or not has nothing to do with WiFi.' so i gave you further evidence to support that OTHER than wifi, just as you implied you were looking for!
haha, you're hilarious bro

[edit]does the fact that i think verizon sucks mean that im willing to get an at&t one?
i hate at&t more than i hate this $%^&&* verizon iphone, but i prefer iphones over other phones

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
haha! what do you mean 'what does it have to do with wifi'!?
you just said 'but whether VZW sucks or not has nothing to do with WiFi.' so i gave you further evidence to support that OTHER than wifi, just as you implied you were looking for!
haha, you're hilarious bro

[edit]does the fact that i think verizon sucks mean that im willing to get an at&t one?
i hate at&t more than i hate this $%^&&* verizon iphone, but i prefer iphones over other phones

Well, you titled this thread "GSM iPhones Get Better WiFi" which implies that you think the WiFi is somehow different because your phone is on Verizon. But then you gave a big list of things that had nothing to do with WiFi.

Are you actually having problems with the WiFi, or do you just not like Verizon's cell service, which is of course a totally different thing?

Reactions: anon(157335)

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, you titled this thread "GSM iPhones Get Better WiFi" which implies that you think the WiFi is somehow different because your phone is on Verizon. But then you gave a big list of things that had nothing to do with WiFi.

Are you actually having problems with the WiFi, or do you just not like Verizon's cell service, which is of course a totally different thing?

Thank you. I wasn't aware that my last reply would confuse the OP.

As Massie repeated, the complaints you listed have nothing to do with WiFi.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, i believe Verizon iPhone hardware is different and the wifi on them is not as good as it is on GSM versions. I then told someone why this was my fifth iPhone and that i was hoping it was just faulty hardware and that it wasnt because Verizon sucked. he then said that wifi not being as good on the VZW iphone, and that being THE ONLY reason verizon sucks, is not valid. So i gave him MORE reasons. IS THIS NOT CLEAR?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just don't get why you think the WiFi hardware is different since it has nothing to do with the cell carrier? That is what isn't clear.

(And I could be wrong. It just seems weird that Apple would go out of their way to change how WiFi worked in the way you're describing.)

Last edited:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I guess I just don't get why you think the WiFi hardware is different since it has nothing to do with the cell carrier? That is what isn't clear.

(And I could be wrong. It just seems weird that Apple would go out of their way to change how WiFi worked in the way you're describing.)
yep, which is why it's my fifth phone. that was confusing to me too, but i have tested it with apple and verizon. wifi signal is better on gsm iphone 4s. test it for your self; side by side

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll take your word for it?maybe the antenna redesign changed reception quality. I'll remember to try it out sometime; I actually don't know anyone on Verizon right now. But at any rate it would still be Apple's fault if the wifi reception was worse, not Verizon's.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen