im sure you wouldn't feel that way if you tested it next to a gsm iphone
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean that pages load slowly? Email loads slowly? Fewer bars of reception?
    09-20-2011 09:25 PM
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean that pages load slowly? Email loads slowly? Fewer bars of reception?
    no... no bars. doesnt detect and cannot connect to the wifi spots the gsm ones can. fewer detected connections.
    09-21-2011 05:10 PM
    I've never had such issues. Ever..
    09-21-2011 06:11 PM
    I've never had such issues. Ever..
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 06:27 PM
    no... no bars. doesnt detect and cannot connect to the wifi spots the gsm ones can. fewer detected connections.
    That is really strange. I detect and connect flawlessly to any wifi that I have attempted. Interesting. And you have tried multiple phones?
    paul-c likes this.
    09-21-2011 09:03 PM
    Be sure to download the speedtest app as well.

Side by side speed comparisons of the same network.

I am really interested to see this.
    09-21-2011 10:46 PM
    i think my opportunity to make the video is coming tomorrow. i need 3 phones to do this, so...
    09-27-2011 05:14 AM
    Since I started reading this thread, I had to try this myself. I have a Verizon Iphone4 and my nephew has a AT&T Iphone4. At the office we are at, there is a consumer grade Linksys router (don't know the exact model). We both connect with same amount of WiFi bars. Downloaded an app (40MB game) from "App Store", went to numerous websites and downloaded a data file (5MB) in email for testing. All test were basically equal. Websites were the same amount of time, data file in email were same. These tests never had more than 1-2 seconds different, with phones alternating who finished first. Only game file from "App Store" was slightly apart (about 10 seconds) with my Verizon Iphone finishing first. Those were my results for "layman" test.
    09-27-2011 12:15 PM
    Since I started reading this thread, I had to try this myself. I have a Verizon Iphone4 and my nephew has a AT&T Iphone4. At the office we are at, there is a consumer grade Linksys router (don't know the exact model). We both connect with same amount of WiFi bars. Downloaded an app (40MB game) from "App Store", went to numerous websites and downloaded a data file (5MB) in email for testing. All test were basically equal. Websites were the same amount of time, data file in email were same. These tests never had more than 1-2 seconds different, with phones alternating who finished first. Only game file from "App Store" was slightly apart (about 10 seconds) with my Verizon Iphone finishing first. Those were my results for "layman" test.
    try this... keep walking away from that router until one of them gets disconnected. tell me which one disconnects first
    09-28-2011 06:41 PM
    try this... keep walking away from that router until one of them gets disconnected. tell me which one disconnects first
    OK. Basically performed same test again today, as earlier date, with mostly same results. I then took both phones and walked outside. At front door, I am already about 65ft from router and going through 5 walls. Both phones had same, full WiFi signal strength. I had to walk approx. 325-350ft from building, before both phones lost signal completely and at the same time. I was surprised. When I first started walking, the AT&T Iphone started dropping signal bars first, but going to websites, speed was same for both (within 1 second of each other loading and alternating 1st & 2nd place). After losing WiFi signal, I waited about a minute, then started walking back. The AT&T Iphone did pick up the Wifi first, about 60ft before the Verizon model.
    10-04-2011 10:54 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD