No signal on iPhone 4

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
What is up with the Verizon iPhone4? There are 44 PAGES of complaints on the VZW community forums about "loss of signal and searching for service". Any ideas? I considered an iPhone on VZW, but not with these problems.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon offers a 14 day trial period. Just get the iPhone and see how it works for you.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one yet, but people on the forum say that Verizon is saying to call Apple and Apple is saying to call Verizon. Neither company is accepting responsibility. I would like to have one, but not until this issue is fixed. I realize that some people aren't having problems, but a lot of people are.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one yet, but people on the forum say that Verizon is saying to call Apple and Apple is saying to call Verizon. Neither company is accepting responsibility. I would like to have one, but not until this issue is fixed. I realize that some people aren't having problems, but a lot of people are.

So what "ideas" that you mentioned in your opening post are you looking for? Do you have a link to those "44 pages" that you can post here? I would be interested in reviewing those posts. As others have said, the only way you are going to find out whether you'll lose a signal in your particular area or not with the iPhone 4 is to buy it and use Verizon's 14 day return policy to return it if it doesn't work for you. Other than this advice, I don't see what else you are looking for here.....

Reactions: anon(157335)

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I have both an AT&T and Verizon iPhone. Overall performance on both is comparable. Where one has bad coverage, the other generally has bad coverage as well. *228 option 2 is something CDMA users have to deal with. Unfortunately, it is important to keep the Preferred Roaming List (PRL) up to date.

Everyone's experience with the iPhone will be different. You can use the experience of other users, but keep in mind your unique circumstances will dominate. Your best bet is to take the iPhone for a test drive and use it as you would expect to. Use the old rule of thumb that as long as you are happy in the majority of places you need the device (home, work), that phone should meet your needs.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
here is the linkRe: No service/Searching on the iphone?? - Page 45 - Verizon Wireless Community

phew!!! sorry for the posts but you acted like the guy was lying! glad I came across this today because if I can deter 1 person from the purchase than our efforts to get this fixed might get noticed!

Don't just "assume" that I was calling the OP liar because I wanted a link. I simply wanted to read what some of the other people were saying about this issue in those 44 pages that were refered to. ;)

Last edited:

ginadj

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
sorry about that - I had reread the thread because that was a bad assumption on my part and edited my response before I saw your response - sorry again! :)

and I went and deleted all my excess posts so I don't junk up the thread

Last edited:

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for several months now with no issue with signal. I do lose data connection every few weeks or so, but it works again after a reboot. I don't really consider this a problem since I used to have to reboot my previous phone daily.

Edit: Just remembered something that might be useful... Certain cases cause issues. E1ctron comes to mind. It totally destroyed my signal when I tried to use it. If you have an aluminum case and you're having signal problems, try removing the case and see if it improves.

Last edited: