Trying to decide between Verizon iPhone and DROID BIONIC?

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am one of the people that just upgraded to the Bionic. I was trying to wait to see what the deal was with the iPhone5 and I am a very impatient person so I went ahead and got the Bionic. After having a Droid X I didn't see any real differences between the two (as far as speed is concerned). The 4g is cool but not necessary for me as it is a severe battery killer.

I am still within my 14 day window and just decided that the Bionic is going back to the store and I will wait a few more weeks and get the iPhone 5. The iPhone OS is just more polished than Android. Android is nice and I am in no way bashing it but I think when it comes down to personal preference I prefer the iPhone.

I do love the widgets but that's about it. I was really shocked when I received the Bionic just to notice that not much has changed from my Droid X (Speed wise). And the battery life is god awful, even with the extended battery. I do not need a phone I will have to constantly need to keep on a charger.

I will stop blabbering about my experience. The Bionic is a nice device but needs to get more stuff worked out as far as the battery life is concerned before I ever go back to another Android device. As I sit at my desk typing this I can only think as I look down at the Bionic on my desk that I cannot wait to get home and deactivate this and fire up my iPhone4 and then just sit back and relax till the mayhem that is the release of the iPhone 5 is upon us.

Good day to all...

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am one of the people that just upgraded to the Bionic. I was trying to wait to see what the deal was with the iPhone5 and I am a very impatient person so I went ahead and got the Bionic. After having a Droid X I didn't see any real differences between the two (as far as speed is concerned). The 4g is cool but not necessary for me as it is a severe battery killer.

I am still within my 14 day window and just decided that the Bionic is going back to the store and I will wait a few more weeks and get the iPhone 5. The iPhone OS is just more polished than Android. Android is nice and I am in no way bashing it but I think when it comes down to personal preference I prefer the iPhone.

I do love the widgets but that's about it. I was really shocked when I received the Bionic just to notice that not much has changed from my Droid X (Speed wise). And the battery life is god awful, even with the extended battery. I do not need a phone I will have to constantly need to keep on a charger.

I will stop blabbering about my experience. The Bionic is a nice device but needs to get more stuff worked out as far as the battery life is concerned before I ever go back to another Android device. As I sit at my desk typing this I can only think as I look down at the Bionic on my desk that I cannot wait to get home and deactivate this and fire up my iPhone4 and then just sit back and relax till the mayhem that is the release of the iPhone 5 is upon us.

Good day to all...

Any phone left on 4G all day is going to get pretty bad battery life...I had the extended battery on mine and when comparing the Bionic to the iPhone 4 both on 3G, the Bionic with extended battery would actually last longer than the iPhone. I returned mine because it started turning itself off for no reason...waiting for the next iPhone, but disappointed that it won't have 4G especially considering that Verizon LTE is getting turned on in my area in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner