So, I know it's late in the iP4 game, but I finally decided to take the plunge and try it out, after over a year in the Android world. I got a good deal on a used VZW 32gb iP4 and sold my Droid Incredible 2 this morning, so the official jump starts tonight.

I've used iPod Touches, I've got a iPod Classic, and I've messed around with iPhones a little, so I know a bit, but I do have a few questions.

1) Is there any way to get Holidays, Facebook events, etc. in the calendar? I've got my Google Calendar synced to the iP4, but those events are showing up, even though I have them set to sync on my GCal.

2) How can I add ringtones that I have saved on an SD card from my Android phone?

3) Is there a way to add people to speed dial other than just putting them in the favorites tab?

Thanks for any advice. I think that's all for now, but I'm sure I'll be back!
    09-12-2011 12:58 PM
    That's not possible as of now, unless you save everything on you're PC and you sync it to your iTunes account. Good luck!
    10-06-2011 08:13 PM
    So, I know it's late in the iP4 game, but I finally decided to take the plunge and try it out, after over a year in the Android world. I got a good deal on a used VZW 32gb iP4 and sold my Droid Incredible 2 this morning, so the official jump starts tonight.

I've used iPod Touches, I've got a iPod Classic, and I've messed around with iPhones a little, so I know a bit, but I do have a few questions.

1) Is there any way to get Holidays, Facebook events, etc. in the calendar? I've got my Google Calendar synced to the iP4, but those events are showing up, even though I have them set to sync on my GCal.

2) How can I add ringtones that I have saved on an SD card from my Android phone?

3) Is there a way to add people to speed dial other than just putting them in the favorites tab?

Thanks for any advice. I think that's all for now, but I'm sure I'll be back!
    Sadly, no.

Three short comings of the iPhone
    10-06-2011 08:58 PM
    There's a hack kind of way to get your ringtones to an iPhone. It's a pain in the butt, but it works.

First, you gotta get your ringtones to your computer. Either hook up the phone and drag and drop, or email the files to yourself.

Second, import them into iTunes.

Third, right click on the file, pick Get Info, then go to the Options tab

Fourth, change the end time to no longer than 30 seconds and click ok.

Fifth, right click on the file and pick Create AAC version

Now, delete the new file from iTunes, but keep the file on your computer.

Next, go to the file in windows explorer (or the mac equivalent) and rename it from ringtone.mv4 to ringtone.mvr (swap ringtone for the actual file name).

Finally, add that file back into iTunes and sync.

Pain in the butt, but that's how you can get your ringtones from your android phone to the iPhone.
    10-06-2011 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD