So I lost service when I was driving through mountains and didn't really think I lost service and thought my phone might of been acting up. So I restarted it, switched it on and off airplane Mode, restarted the network settings to factory default and little did I know I just didnt have service in that area Haha dumb me. Anyways question. I don't know exactly what I did to the phone by "resetting retwork settings to factory default" should I be worried? What does that mean? How do I get them back to the way I use to have them? But I don't think I've ever changed or messed with them besides switching the wifi button on and off. What does this mean? Thanks
    09-09-2011 02:13 AM
    It resets passwords, forgets your wifi networks that you were connected to and Bluetooth devices too. It usually refreshes your 3G connection if you are having connection problems.
    09-09-2011 02:32 AM
    So it doesnt do anything that you can't get back right? If u plug your phone into your computer and backed it up totally then reset the network settings back to factory default then plugged it back into your comp and synced it will it have saved your settings and put your phone back to how you use to have it?
    09-09-2011 02:47 AM
    It should but I haven't done it myself. Let me know what happens when you do(wifi settings, Bluetooth devices back).
    09-09-2011 02:59 AM
    It Didn't delete or forget any Bluetooth memory because my car is still under Bluetooth and when I turn wifi on I still see the same networks as usual
    09-09-2011 03:35 AM
    I've never lost wi-fi settings through re-setting my network settings. I've done it because AT&T told me to when I was having trouble keeping a signal. I'm not really sure if it helped though. I think it may have been an AT&T problem, not my phone because a non-iPhone using family member was having troubles as well.
    09-09-2011 10:45 AM
    So it doesn't delete or change anything when you reset network settings? It didn't seem to change delete or reset anything wifi Bluetooth or any other settings on my end
    09-09-2011 12:09 PM
    So it doesn't delete or change anything when you reset network settings? It didn't seem to change delete or reset anything wifi Bluetooth or any other settings on my end
    I'm not positive, but I think it only resets your cellular network settings. There is a different reset all settings within the Settings>General>Reset that will everything to factory.
    09-09-2011 01:41 PM
    What is cellular network settings mean?
    09-09-2011 02:02 PM
    How Many times have you guys reset your network Settings? I just wanna make sure it doesn't mess or damage Anything when you reset the network settings on the phone
    09-09-2011 02:04 PM
    What is cellular network settings mean?
    The network settings are settings in your phone that allow your phone to connect to the towers for your network.

I don't think it could hurt anything resetting the network settings. It basically just retransmits the signal from the towers to your phone. At least that's my understanding.
    09-09-2011 02:18 PM
    I feel like this could be good for your phone every once in awhile to refresh everything.
    09-09-2011 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD