Hi,

I have been using iPhones for nearly 2 years now, and I am amazed on a daily basis how good they are. Even got myself an iPad.
    The only thing the iPhone does not do that all my old Nokia"s did was tell me when someone I am calling is on the phone. The Nokia would say "Call Waiting" on the screen so I would know why they could not answer.

Is this function available as a tweak somewhere, as I have looked and can't see it.

If this is a duplicate post I appologise.

Thanks,

Roy.
    09-07-2011 06:17 AM
    This is a carrier function. If the carrier doesn't send a signal to the phone saying why someone is unavailable, there's no way to tell.

Personally, I don't see what difference it makes. If someone on the other end doesn't answer, leave a message or call back. Is it your business why they're not answering?
    mikesa_tx and ProfessorTripp like this.
    09-07-2011 06:37 AM
    I have not changed carrier, so there is no reason why it has stopped, so I believe it is an iPhone "feature".
    As to why I would like to know, if they don't answer, I do not know if they have left their phone at home for the day etc., and if I know they are on a call, I will call them back later!
    09-07-2011 09:39 AM
    You could leave them voicemail.

I have call waiting turned off.
    09-07-2011 11:37 AM
    @OP Just remember if it only rings once and then goes straight to voicemail "It's not you, it's them ;-)"
    09-07-2011 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD