Warranty question

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi I already own an iPhone 4 and looking to purchase another used one off kijiji or Craigslist. Some listings on i4 still have warranty. So here's the question: if I buy an iPhone off kijiji that still has warranty and after I buy it something goes wrong, will apple replace it for me? Do I need to transfer the old persons warranty to mine or do I just set up a genius bar appointment and go with the device I bought.
Thanks and let me know

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The devices should show an "in service" date... which means your warranty runs for one year from that date. I've never actually bought/sold a device still under warranty, but I've also never needed a receipt for warranty work. They've always been able to just look the device up but serial number to validate coverage.

Reactions: jeffrey1027

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok say I bought the device and it has say a malfunctioning headphone javk. I bring it in, and they look up the serial number if it's under warranty they replace it and that's it?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok say I bought the device and it has say a malfunctioning headphone javk. I bring it in, and they look up the serial number if it's under warranty they replace it and that's it?

Yes. I bought one used and had to warranty it. They said "oh, the phone is in someone else's name". I then told her i purchased it used.

The replied with "let me fix that for you then" and proceeded to transfer the registration to me and warrantied the phone with no issue.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: jeffrey1027

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I bought one used and had to warranty it. They said "oh, the phone is in someone else's name, let me fix that for you".

They transferred my info to the registration and warrantied the phone with no issue.

Ok thank you very much for the info!

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok thank you very much for the info!

Lol you responded as I was editing the post to give you more info. Hahaha

They don't seem to care who's name is in the registration info as long as the warranty is still valid.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. I have now set up a date to pick up the iPhone 4 !!;) now I have the peace of mind the warranty is good if something goes bad

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73