FaceTime

Dazzler

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I am on Orange UK & having problems connecting on FaceTime. Everything on settings looks fine confirming that the number will be shared with people etc. WiFi is working as it should.

Yet when I try to use the application it says that the contact in question is not available on FaceTime.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Is the person you are calling connected to wifi and set up properly? If so, try turning FaceTime off and on again in the settings app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taeisme4eva

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I was having. The same issue and it tired out that I hade multiple devices using FaceTime with the same contact info (for me it was email addresses).

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You get that message, or the people trying to reach you get it? If the first, it just sounds like they aren't on wifi when you call, or don't have a FaceTime capable device.

Analogy: if you call someone and they are out of cell range, you can't get through but it doesn't mean your phone isn't working.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Like people have already said...both parties must be properly connected in a WiFi network before either side will work properly. (and both devices must be capable of FaceTime at that)

It's one of the things i hope they change about the App...being able to use it in 3G (regardless of quality issue) would be great, people would just have to understand that 3G would not be able to provide the same quality as a wifi network would.

Dazzler

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I tried the above but then restored the iPhone in iTunes - it now works perfectly well.

Appreciate your assistance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73