Version 4.3.5 photo album syncing problem

Lyrad D

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I got an iPhone4 recently. As soon as I got it, the first thing I did was update it to version 4.3.5

I'm trying to sync some photo albums to my phone from my laptop but it's only allowing one folder at any one time and on the phone the album I've sync'd isn't actually in the named folder on my iPhone, it's just in the default folder 'photo library'

When I attempt to sync a different photo album to the iPhone, it deletes the last album I put on it and simply replaces it with the new photo album. So I can only put one photo album on my phone at anyone time and it's never in the named album, it's just in photo library.

On iTunes, underneath the 'All folders' the 'selected folders' isn't highlighted so I can not select it at all.

My girlfriends iPhone is still version 4.3.3 and she has no problems syncing albums. Her 'selected folders' is highlighted so she can tick or untick it allowing her to choose albums.

Am I doing something wrong or has anyone else experienced this problem??

Thanks.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
With your iPhone connected, click your phone under Devices on the left. At the top right click Photos, and on the next screen select the master folder than contains all of your photos. For instance, on my PC I have everything in My Pictures, and inside My Pictures are all of the subfolders that contain my pictures. I can then select those folders to sync in iTunes. My Pictures is displayed at the top of the screen as the folder iTunes should look in for music.

Hope that makes sense. The way you have it set now iTunes doesn't see any subfolders under the folder you selected, so the option to select folders to sync is grayed out and iTunes only syncs the photos that are within that folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lyrad D

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
With your iPhone connected, click your phone under Devices on the left. At the top right click Photos, and on the next screen select the master folder than contains all of your photos. For instance, on my PC I have everything in My Pictures, and inside My Pictures are all of the subfolders that contain my pictures. I can then select those folders to sync in iTunes. My Pictures is displayed at the top of the screen as the folder iTunes should look in for music.

Hope that makes sense. The way you have it set now iTunes doesn't see any subfolders under the folder you selected, so the option to select folders to sync is grayed out and iTunes only syncs the photos that are within that folder.

Yessssss!

It worked. Thankyou so much. This had been driving me mad to a point where I thought the phone was faulty. I did what you said, which was basically make one big folder containing other folders. iTunes recognised the big folder giving me the option to choose the smaller folders within.

This isn't a fault which is why I couldn't find any answers on Google. It's just Apple and it's awkward ways.

Thanks again.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yessssss!

It worked. Thankyou so much. This had been driving me mad to a point where I thought the phone was faulty. I did what you said, which was basically make one big folder containing other folders. iTunes recognised the big folder giving me the option to choose the smaller folders within.

This isn't a fault which is why I couldn't find any answers on Google. It's just Apple and it's awkward ways.

Thanks again.

You're very welcome, I'm glad you got it working.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW