I'm new to iPhone. Couple of questions..

Lyrad D

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hellllloooooo......

Right, so I finally did it...... I traded my beloved BlackBerry for an iPhone 4 (Yes, I know the iPhone 5 is out soon, the iPhone 4 was a free upgrade on my second contract, I'll still get an iPhone 5 in a couple months after it's release) I'm going to miss my BlackBerry but it was time for a change.

I'm not a complete newbie to iPhones, lets face it most people have iPhones including my girlfriend, so I've played about with them alot.
I think I'm going to end up loving it but there a few things that are bothering me. Simple things.

First question.
When I download apps from AppStore, it sometimes asks me for a my password then sometimes it doesn't. For example, I just downloaded Facebook and Twitter, it didn't ask me for the password where as the Amazon app did ask me. I assumed it was due Amazon having my bank details stored but some Apps don't and still require a password. Does anyone know why this is?

Second.
Why oh why can I not get rid of the sms popup notification? Best I can do is disable the preview but it still interupts what ever I'm doing and the name of who messages me still always pops up. I like to be private but feel my privacy is taken away. Is there a way to disable it without jailbraking the phone? This is a massive deal for me.

Third.
Is there a way to create folders for pictures and videos? Or are they always going to be a jumbled up mess?

Forth.
Delivery reports? Where are they? I like to use them from time to time when sending an important SMS. This is a simple thing that I thought all phones can do.

Thats all for NOW. Can anyone answer these questions please?

Thanks.

Daryl

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hellllloooooo......

Right, so I finally did it...... I traded my beloved BlackBerry for an iPhone 4 (Yes, I know the iPhone 5 is out soon, the iPhone 4 was a free upgrade on my second contract, I'll still get an iPhone 5 in a couple months after it's release) I'm going to miss my BlackBerry but it was time for a change.

I'm not a complete newbie to iPhones, lets face it most people have iPhones including my girlfriend, so I've played about with them alot.
I think I'm going to end up loving it but there a few things that are bothering me. Simple things.

First question.
When I download apps from AppStore, it sometimes asks me for a my password then sometimes it doesn't. For example, I just downloaded Facebook and Twitter, it didn't ask me for the password where as the Amazon app did ask me. I assumed it was due Amazon having my bank details stored but some Apps don't and still require a password. Does anyone know why this is?

Second.
Why oh why can I not get rid of the sms popup notification? Best I can do is disable the preview but it still interupts what ever I'm doing and the name of who messages me still always pops up. I like to be private but feel my privacy is taken away. Is there a way to disable it without jailbraking the phone? This is a massive deal for me.

Third.
Is there a way to create folders for pictures and videos? Or are they always going to be a jumbled up mess?

Forth.
Delivery reports? Where are they? I like to use them from time to time when sending an important SMS. This is a simple thing that I thought all phones can do.

Thats all for NOW. Can anyone answer these questions please?

Thanks.

Daryl

1 - Not sure, might be that it times out after a while.

2. Settings -> Messages -> Preview off. You cannot totally disable the pop up, but iOS 5 will be greatly improving notifications.

3. Must be done on a computer and then sync said folders. Don't quote me but iOS 5 may allow you to do this with photos take with the iPhone.

4. There are none, coming with iMessage in iOS 5; works only between iOS devices though. Not all cell phones do this, as far as I know BBM is the only one, remember BBM is not SMS it is a third party service operated by RIM. Regular SMS through carriers normally does not. You may be able to get third party apps for other phones and possibly the iPhone that do this, but they are not SMS they are other IM services.

Last edited:

Lyrad D

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. That was a big help.

Bummer about the the SMS pop up. If I wasn't set on keeping my iPhone, this would be the one reason I'd get rid of it.

The message reports. Yeah, I'm used to BBM having instant reports and I know iOS5 will have iM intergrated in to the SMS. I was reffering to SMS delivery reports. Most phones do have an option for them to be switched on. Ah well. I'm looking forward to iOS5.

Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox