Lock/power button sticking.

moonlessnight

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My lock/power button is SO stiff that I have to press very firmly in order to even make it react. It's like there's something stuck beneath it - is there any way for me to safely clean it? If I took it to Verizon would they be able to, or would they just try to give me a new device instead of trying to fix it? I'd rather not have to resync and all of that again, especially since I have no idea how to transfer all of my photos, contacts, apps, etc. to a new iPhone as this is my first one.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve it? My mom's had her iPhone longer than I have and hers is still springy when you press it.

Thank you in advance!

moonlessnight

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The guy at Verizon just hung it upside down and pressed the button a million times, and then dug his grotesquely long fingernail in between to try and "fix" it. Apparently since they're on a limited stock there's no way he could give me a new device even though I'm well under my warranty, and that I need to make an appointment with Apple to see "if they can do anything." He didn't even try to fix it for me, so I made an appointment with the Genius Bar at Apple as I'm assuming they'll at least know what they're doing. He looked as if he'd never seen an iPhone before.

Thank you for your help!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya Verizon employee don't have a clue lol they just sell the phone and you prob know more than they do apple will give you a new phone no question asked you will be in and out in less than 15 min

Reactions: moonlessnight

moonlessnight

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
He kind of looked at me as if I was speaking Martian or something. Usually I get great customer service, but he... yeah. Fifteen minutes? I hope so! My battery also drains rather quickly so I definitely think I need a new device. Just my luck to get a defective one! :p

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Always skip Verizon and go directly to Apple, they'll take care of you. For all your stuff on the iPhone, sync it in iTunes. Set it up right and it'll do a backup and all of your apps and settings will be there ready to sync to your new iPhone if they do replace it.

moonlessnight

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
When I do the backup, will it put my photos onto my new device too? This is my very first iPhone (I wasn't switching from Verizon just to get one prior) so I'm quite new to all of this. I was used to my Crackberry.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Backup will not save your photos, if you are on a mac you can sync photos to iPhoto and then re-sync to your new device when you plug her in. Backup will however save all your contacts, settings, IM, Email, Calendar ... When you restore it will be just like having your previous phone (minus the pictures)

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Dell and saved my photos to an external memory. How would I put them back onto my device?

I'm unsure how it works in Windows as I also use iPhoto on my Mac. You can ask while at the Apple Store, they also may be willing to do a transfer for you if they deem it necessary to swap your phone for a new one.

moonlessnight

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from Apple, they gave me a new device. I may just send the photos one by one via email or something. Thank goodness I saved it!

Thank you all for your help! I now have a phone with a working button :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro