Calendar sync issue, Outlook 2007

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Three weeks into my new iphone from leaving BB. Love the phone enough at this point that I'm giving up my $45 a month from my company to stay. The iphone just does so much more for PERSONAL stuff that I don't think I can give it up. Although, I hate that my company isn't supporting iphone at this time, it will at some point.

On to my problem. I want to sync my laptop calendar, and can't. I have Outlook 2007, which is configured to my cox.net email. Now, when I got the iphone, I synced the cox.net address directly, didn't set up Outlook till AFTER. Not sure if this matters or not. I have calendars set to sync in itunes, I've got the purple dot on the calendar section on my PC on the iphone, and I'm not sure why it won't sync. I've searched around quite a bit before posting, is google sync my only option? I'd prefer to just have them sync directly if I can.

Thanks.

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, another question, do I have to have Wi-Fi on for it to sync?

I thought I did, but maybe not.

I did try with phone directly connected, so I don't think this is the issue.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the iTunes / Info to sync your calendar and contacts, then you need to have your device connected to your computer to sync. If you want to do wireless sync, there are a couple of options.

1. Use Google Sync and configure your Google/Gmail account to sync your data wirelessly to your phone.
2. Use MobileMe/iCloud to sync wirelessly.
3. Wait for iOS5 to provide you with wireless iTunes sync.

Reactions: GraytScott

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, can't help you more... don't use Windows or Outlook. If the boxes are checked, it should work.

Anybody? Bueller?

Google sync worked, thanks. I think it's because it's not an Exchange account, it's just Outlook that I'm using to monitor my cox.net address. Hope that make sense. :) Googlesync solved it though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Google sync worked, thanks. I think it's because it's not an Exchange account, it's just Outlook that I'm using to monitor my cox.net address. Hope that make sense. :) Googlesync solved it though.

Very nice... I'm a sucker for a happy ending :cool:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

so you were able to syn your outlook contacts using google sync? do you still use Outlook on your computer to manage your contacts and then you now use iTunes to sync or is all this done via Outlook to Google Syn to your iPhone?

what about syncing Outlook contacts ?

Isn't there a way to syn directly from your Outlook to your phone w/o having to go through Google Sync? Doesn't this step now store contacts/calendar on the google website as well?

seems a bit redundant to me..

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
With your iPhone connected to iTunes, click on the iPhone in the left column. This will display the iPhone page. At the top of the page click on Info. This is where you can enable the syncing from outlook.

Mckenzie500

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
With your iPhone connected to iTunes, click on the iPhone in the left column. This will display the iPhone page. At the top of the page click on Info. This is where you can enable the syncing from outlook.

Is the procedure same for other iPhones..it is with 2007 Outlook right?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73