1. smmullen's Avatar
    My wife and I are current webOS users who are planning to migrate to iOS. My wife will make the move first, and we can do it any time we want since we're due for an upgrade right now. I'll make the move in December when my contract is up.

    What I've been thinking is that we'll get my wife the iPhone 4 and I'll get an iPhone 5 in December. I know the overwhelming rumors say the iPhone 5 announcement will come in October, and I also know that Apple tends to discount the "old" version of the phone when a new one is about to come out. When do you expect/guess the discounts will start on the iPhone 4? I'd hate to buy one for her right now and then two weeks down the road, the price drops by $50.
    08-31-2011 12:09 PM
  2. ProfessorTripp's Avatar
    It will probably drop by $100 based on past iPhone releases, but that's just speculation. My guess is that once the iPhone 5 is released the contract price of an iPhone 4 will be $99.

    If I were you I'd wait until October.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    smmullen and bgl321 like this.
    08-31-2011 12:39 PM
  3. jsntrenkler's Avatar
    I personally wouldn't advise purchasing the iPhone 4 right now unless you have to. If her webos device is working fine wait 30 days (it really isn't that long.) ... Once the iPhone 5 or 4s or whatever they want to call it is released then make that decision. Patience will not only save you some cash it will also help you avoid potential buyers / price remorse.
    smmullen likes this.
    08-31-2011 12:41 PM
  4. smmullen's Avatar
    Good advice from both responses. Thanks. We'll wait. I think I'm itchier than she is for her to get a new phone. When she gets her phone, I'm taking her Pre+, which is in much better shape than mine because it's newer and is carried in a purse rather than a pocket. My phone is getting kind of old and rickety.
    08-31-2011 12:45 PM
  5. jsntrenkler's Avatar
    @SteveMM glad I could help.
    08-31-2011 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD