Text input on touch screen

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Make a long story short I like what the iPhone has to offer just not sure about the touchscreen. Between texting,emailing, and notes I am constantly using the kb. I have been torn between ip5 and 9930. I have noticed some people going to an iPhone to the 9930 are doing so because they missed the physical kb. Just thought I would see how most of u like the touch screen kb compared to the physical one!

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BB Curve the keyboard took a little getting used to, but now it doesn't slow me down at all. I still make some typos when using the keyboard in portrait mode, but when using the larger keyboard in landscape I have no problems typing emails or SMS messages at all.

You probably know someone who has an iPhone already, if you are worried about it ask them if you can take it for a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BB Curve the keyboard took a little getting used to, but now it doesn't slow me down at all. I still make some typos when using the keyboard in portrait mode, but when using the larger keyboard in landscape I have no problems typing emails or SMS messages at all.

You probably know someone who has an iPhone already, if you are worried about it ask them if you can take it for a spin.

Yeah have talked to a few people but I always get the well I havn't had it long enough and still getting use to it. That's why i thought I would ask on here for the people that have had iphones a lot longer! I am in a CDMA area so iphones around here for the most part are fairly new!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
When I switched to ip4 last year, I hung on to my BB while in the trial period. I'd tried my daughters 3GS many times and couldn't warm up to the touch screen. Needless to say, after 3 weeks I decided I was keeping the iPhone. When I wiped my BB to sell it, I couldn't believe the amount of pressure it took to push those keys! LOL!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't go back now if I tried. It's like the difference between typing on a laptop and an old manual typewriter. And with autocorrect I wouldn't be surprised to find out that I'm actually a bit faster than I used to be.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I fired up my old BB Storm2 the other day to get some info out of it and was also amazed at the amount of pressure it took to click the screen. I don't think I could go back now either. jebulls, I think what ProfessorTripp was trying to say was to ask one of your friends that has an iPhone if you could use it for a few minutes and try typing on it, just to see how it feels to you. I had an iPod touch before I got my iPhone, so I knew what I was getting into.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
jebulls, I think what ProfessorTripp was trying to say was to ask one of your friends that has an iPhone if you could use it for a few minutes and try typing on it, just to see how it feels to you.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I apologize if I wasn't clear.

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
When I switched to ip4 last year, I hung on to my BB while in the trial period. I'd tried my daughters 3GS many times and couldn't warm up to the touch screen. Needless to say, after 3 weeks I decided I was keeping the iPhone. When I wiped my BB to sell it, I couldn't believe the amount of pressure it took to push those keys! LOL!!

After reading this I just took my old BB Curve out to see how different it was now I'm used to my iPhone and I could barely type! Looks like I'm addicted to touchscreens now!

Vakks

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm from a Blackberry background too but I also have an iPod Touch. I admit that it was tricky to use as I obviously use the keyboard on my phone more than my iPod. I don't think I will get used to it nor will I be able to type quickly on touch screen until I only type there.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Make a long story short I like what the iPhone has to offer just not sure about the touchscreen. Between texting,emailing, and notes I am constantly using the kb. I have been torn between ip5 and 9930. I have noticed some people going to an iPhone to the 9930 are doing so because they missed the physical kb. Just thought I would see how most of u like the touch screen kb compared to the physical one!

I also came from bb to iPhone 4 and honestly, I got use to the touch keyboard pretty quick and I never missed my physical keyboard. Now, I personally don't see the point of a physical keyboard. It just takes up space on the phone where the screen should be.

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
100% truth......It took me about 1 hour of using my iphone 4 when I first got it to get used to the touchscreen. From the first sentenced I typed I realized i utilize less effort in tapping a screen versus pressing buttons. I now type longer and faster than I did on my bold 9700.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I too prefer on screen keyboard, I recently bought my daughter new curve and found it difficult to type on, no thanks, I will stick to the touch screen, now if Apple would only make the screen a bit larger.

Silvetti

May 15, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion the lack of applications between the iPhone and BB completely make up for the lack of physical keyboard.

There's an app for almost everything in the iOS App Store, but i wouldn't say the same about BB World.

I've been a user with both BB and iPhone and ditched the BB 6 months ago, simply makes no sense to have such a limited device (for non-business use!!!!!).